mathewpiano..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi mathew , i understand your a big classical music fan , i was wondering , is there maybe a compilation cd , with some of the best known classical stuff , that you could reccomend ? i know zilch about that kind of music , but often enjoy it when i hear it by chance , in a movie , like 2001 for example , or when used in advertisements etc ? i wouldnt mind spinning something like that now and again ..thanks..

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the best ways to get into classical music if you are not already is to listen to some classical music radio stations, such as Classic FM or Radio 3. You can then decide which composers and styles of classical music you prefer. Another excellent way is find which of your friends and family are musical and either play instruments or enjoy classical music, then you can borrow their collection or ask on buying advice.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
And, of course, if you have access to Spotify, just type in a search for any composer you like the sound of...

Listening to Classic FM is commercial, but readily gives you a quick and easy access to a wide cross-section of styles as a taster.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I got hold of this lot (8 volume CD box set) unused and mint and in the original box/sleeve from someone on ebay for about £20.

Decca's 'Your Hundred Best Tunes' (individual CDs and box-sets) frequently come up on ebay.

matthewpiano

chebby:
I got hold of this lot (8 volume CD box set) unused and mint and in the original box/sleeve from someone on ebay for about £20.

Decca's 'Your Hundred Best Tunes' (individual CDs and box-sets) frequently come up on ebay.

Chebby has beaten me to it.

The thing about the Decca set is that it is full of superb performances and covers such a wide range of musical periods and composers. A great starting point and hopefully it will prompt you to go further and listen to the full works from which the extracts have been taken.

A

Anonymous

ah , cheers chebby and matt , ill have a look on ebay , i dont buy there myself , but i can get a friend whos an avid ebayer to order for me
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts