Mark Grant G1000HD Precision audio cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,has anyone got any of these stereo cables yet,seem like good price if they do what they say on the tin,your thoughts please good and bad,thanks all

A

Anonymous

Interesting to hear that Mark Grant is getting reviewed!!!

Is there any chance that you'll be reviewing his new speaker cable in the near future, the G250? I've had lengths of it for about a month now bi-wiring a pair of B&W CM4s from a Rotel 10 Series set up, I'm very impressed with such a cheap cable. A little dry on the top while it was burning in but it sounds very, very good now. If you're near Worcester I can demo!

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Simon Lucas:As it stands

It now stands slightly differently. Stock of the G1000HD is extremely short until the beginning of February, so we'll run the review in the March issue instead.

A

Anonymous

great stuff , im thinking of changing my atlas mk2 , if you dont think the g1000hd is a better cable could you let me know of a cable you think i could get , kimber maybe or atlas premium ,merlin ?

cheers mate

A

Anonymous

It got a right kicking a full 2 stars with the reviewer stating the Merlin Mozart "runs rings around it"

Some AnotherForum members are rather upset, crying about What Hifi bias etc....

Same old rubbish

Well all I can say is if What Hifi found it bad then it had every right to say so and in spite of the AnotherForum idiots who've started bleating, should stick to it's guns.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're certainly not biased against Mark Grant Cables (or anyone, for that matter).

They advertise with us, too - not that it matters one jot (we enjoy full editorial independence) - but some ill-informed conspiracy theorists persist with the myth that there's a link between ads and reviews. This clearly shows there isn't....

A

Anonymous

Well Mark won' be packing up and moving to Australia just because WHF gave him 2 out of 5 stars, the review was badly worded anyway IMHO and I have the 1 metre version between my Roksan Kandy CD player and Amp AND IT SOUNDS SUBLIME THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

A

Anonymous

reviewing any cable by simply using it on a so called "reference system" is not a proper review, most cables are system dependent surely?

daveh75

mains cables r us:reviewing any cable by simply using it on a so called "reference system" is not a proper review, most cables are system dependent surely?
So why do you use WHFS&V ratings to tout your products then?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
mains cables r us:reviewing any cable by simply using it on a so called "reference system" is not a proper review, most cables are system dependent surely?

We don't just use a reference system - we use price-compatible kit, too....

A

Anonymous

daveh75:There's at least 2 i've seen- The Tacima and your HDMI cables IIRC.

no problem you found 2 items out of 100's, well done and shall we draw a line underneath this now?

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

The review was only a short one, I only posted here because I used the cable myself and thought it was very good, your review stated quite clearly that you put the cable in your reference system, my point, which I think is a fair one is that cables sound different depending on your components so if this cable sounds bad with your system it may not in others, is that a fair point? Finally you only listened to one album or cd which again is not a comprehensive review is it? If you did listen to more the review should state that, many thanks.

daveh75

mains cables r us:
daveh75:There's at least 2 i've seen- The Tacima and your HDMI cables IIRC.
no problem you found 2 items out of 100's, well done and shall we draw a line underneath this now? It''s not the point... You've made your views clear on reviews several times now,yet you still use the ratings on your site-A little hypocritical dont you think.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
mains cables r us:
Hi Clare,

The review was only a short one, I only posted here because I used the cable myself and thought it was very good, your review stated quite clearly that you put the cable in your reference system, my point, which I think is a fair one is that cables sound different depending on your components so if this cable sounds bad with your system it may not in others, is that a fair point? Finally you only listened to one album or cd which again is not a comprehensive review is it? If you did listen to more the review should state that, many thanks.

I'll repeat again - we always test with both a reference system and price-comparable kit. And always with a range of material. That's the same for every single WHF test.

It's a short review - we don't have room to list all the discs/kit used, so we mention examples of both.

A

Anonymous

i have to say , it does seem rather disrespectul coming onto a forum , run by the most successful av magazine in the uk , and getting all the publicity that they afford you freely , and then rubbishing their reviewing , no offence david , but you may want to think about your attitude a little here ??

A

Anonymous

This is a discussion board surely, if I think a review is not right surely I should be allowed to voice my opinions? Unless there is something I am missing about this forum, oh no it's not another anti-cable one is it? So are you saying we should all agree that every WHF review is spot on and not have our own opinions? Surely we should be allowed to debate these issues freely without being beaten down?

A

Anonymous

bit late just found these posts. only go on web when i feel ok. i am terminaly ill with cancer so i have plenty of time to listen my cd collection. i am lucky in haveing two systems my stereo system is made up of nait xs amp naim cd 5xs with a flatcap on the amp and cd player and mowgan artio stand mount speakers. home cinema i have sony da 1200 es with sony bd760 bluray player sony rdr-hdr970 hdd recorder plus a pioneer lx50 dvd player. both dvd players coneceted to panasonic 42inch tv. using mark grant hdmi cable and his coax cables for picture which is superb. i got the g 1000-hd cable andtryed it between lx50 dvd into sony and into naim from lx50 and after the cable had bedded in it sounded superb before i was dianoised with cancer i used to work as a light and sound engeneer i had some of my musician and sond men round and they all thought it was superb and one tried it in place of a very expensive cable and both him and is wife thought it was a lot better and a bargin at the price he ordered one. the room that what hi fi use cost a lot of money and in my opinion rooms can have a bigger effect than cables as working with pas of various types. any way what shoots 1 person may sound rubbish to somebody else. i am going back to have a good listen bye glyn

TRENDING THREADS