Marantz SR7010 AV Receiver review

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Sorry, I saw this thread earlier but didn't get back to replying after reading the review. I'm annoyed with Marantz for not updating the 7009 to decode DTS:X.

I'm too annoyed with their sister company demon, not updating the x4100 with dts:x

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
Sorry, I saw this thread earlier but didn't get back to replying after reading the review. I'm annoyed with Marantz for not updating the 7009 to decode DTS:X.

I'm too annoyed with their sister company demon, not updating the x4100 with dts:x

Like the typo. *smile*

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally i'm going to wait, they are not forcing owners to buy the new model at all & it looks like all manufacturers, if not most of them are looking at a firmware upgrade to get DTS-X, so you could choose a different model & make..

Alterntively as i am likely to do, buy when it comes as standard & not a firmware upgrade that may have problems.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly, just by co-incidence, when the new bach of A/V Receivers are coming out BB, just to make everyone complain yet again about another firmware update?

Lets face it you pays ya money you takes ya choice .. as when you think the time is right for you to upgrade.. END OF

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Are there any other diffences between the 7010 and the older 7008/7009, other than support for the new formats and 4K?

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Regisss said:
Very interesting would be to know how this Marantz SR7010 comperes to Yamaha RX-A3050. Especially 2 channel audio performance...

RX-A3050 sounds much more transparent and refined than 7010.

That's the conclusion from AV forums review:

There are a number of new AV receivers hitting the market, all of which have Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding, not to mention HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 support. However very few of them offer the winning combination of features, price and performance that the Marantz SR7010 does. Denon's AVR-X6200 offers an almost identical feature set but will cost you four hundred quid more, whilst Yamaha's RX-A2050 is also an excellent alternative and will only set you back an extra £100. For a direct alternative in terms of price, the Pioneer SC-LX59 also costs £1,399 and offers a great set of features. Although all these receivers will give the Marantz a run for its money in terms of a big multi-channel sound, in terms of pure musicality it's hard to imagine any of them out-performing the refinement and subtlety of the SR7010, which is why we have no hesitation in awarding a Highly Recommended badge.

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
F
bigboss said:
MMW said:
Regisss said:
Very interesting would be to know how this Marantz SR7010 comperes to Yamaha RX-A3050. Especially 2 channel audio performance...

RX-A3050 sounds much more transparent and refined than 7010.
My experience was the opposite with 7009 and 3040.

Prior to my current 3050 I owned a 3040 and the 3050 sounds CLEARLY better than the 3040. More transparent and detailed but at the same time smoother and cleaner. In my experience 3050 is without a doubt clearly and simply better sounding than 7010 with music and cinema, period. Of course all this in the context of my system (Monitor Audio Apex 5.1.4 system) and to my taste.

jerryapril

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

Is it only me opposing internal cooling fans in new Marantz AVR range?

So... now it is only Yamaha receivers without whinning...fans.

I wonder what spooked Marantz to do something like this.

Merry Christmas

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts