marantz sr7009

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
think thats a good call i have the sr7008 here at the moment,wanted to compare it to my pioneer sclx56 and have a real dilema now in which to keep,audyssey xt32 is way better than mcacc and the marantz is great with music,im sure the 7009 and pm6005 will work brilliantly.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I wander what this is like compared to the Denon x4100 ? I know they are both part of the same company; do they share the same components? I would like it to match my 3313 BD player because of the Denon link, but also does this make that much of a difference...?

the Marantz is definitely a very nice looking piece of kit :)

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
they share a lot of components but different design,marantz use there hdam moduls from there stereo amps as well which i think greatly improves the sound.

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
i think it will work brilliantly with the ma speakers bb is intending to use,i am using the 7008 which is the same amp minus atmos with tannoy dc6t system and svs sub and it is fantastic with movies and music to the point im keeping it and selling the pioneer sclx56,i havent lost any of the detail and gained some warmth and musicality,as a tip for anyone else i struggled to get it sounding good with blueray to the point i thought something was wrong,you cant access the settings when blueray is playing via the remote,but you can with the app,i use myav for android once i did this i discovered dynamic eq was off by default switched on the sound exploded from the speakers and sounds wonderful.

aravaioli

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
his dudeness said:
they share a lot of components but different design,marantz use there hdam moduls from there stereo amps as well which i think greatly improves the sound.

For what is worth, my experience is just the opposite. I own units of both brands and became brand-agnostic, but certainly not price agnostic.

I ordered from a large Canadian retailer which allows easy 30-days returns a Marantz 7008 and a Denon x4000: in a month of back and forth test I could not tell a difference and this was with a 4000$ speaker setup.

A musician fiend of mine could not either and he has very good ears of a piano player since he was 6 y/o (now 43). Kept the Denon which costed a hefty 600$ less.

Another clue: all the firmware updates are posted the same days on Denon and Marantz web sites and are likely to be the same. This should confirm they share the same internal components, while it does not resolve the doubt of the different tuning but my ears did: no difference.

My conclusion is that the difference now is only in the marketing in some of their offerings, althought it has to be said that Marantz offers the slimline which is missing from Denon (for now). I also own the Marantz NR-1504 and I guess if a cheaper comparable receiver was available from Denon I would have gone for the second Denon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts