Marantz pm60005 for £215 VS Onkyo A-9010 for £180

Presuming I am able to get the Marantz pm60005 for £215 and can get the onkyo A-9010 for £180 what would be the best option for my situation.

This seems like an easy decision but when these items were reviewed there was always an £100 difference between the two and so i want to know if that extra £25 benifits me enough. I put sound quality first over everything and will only be using the CD and Aux inputs. I have audio monitor bronze 2s but will also be using the headphone output.

If you have an opinion and could help out that would be great, thankyou.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the Monitor Audio Bronzes and the best match I found for them was with a Nad amp (my trusty old C320BEE) In fact it was a match made in heaven and I do regret the bout of upgradeitis a few yrs backwhich made me sell the MA's....Fortunately I have managed to recently source some RX1's which are truly excellenté

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Rowan Abrey said:
Presuming I am able to get the Marantz pm60005 for £215 and can get the onkyo A-9010 for £180 what would be the best option for my situation.

This seems like an easy decision but when these items were reviewed there was always an £100 difference between the two and so i want to know if that extra £25 benifits me enough. I put sound quality first over everything and will only be using the CD and Aux inputs. I have audio monitor bronze 2s but will also be using the headphone output.

If you have an opinion and could help out that would be great, thankyou.

These are well reviewed and both would be decent buys. I would pay the £25 extra for the digital inputs of the marantz. Although you are currently only using 2 rca inputs, at some point you might want to connect your tv via optical wire or even use a dvd player via coaxial to play cds if your cd player conks out. £25 isn't a lot for this extra flexability. The dac in the marantz is the same as that in the marantz 6005 cd player.

PS this is assuming you are uk based.If you are not, then the onkyo has a different spec which includes a dac but might not be as good as the british version otherwise. Once again, the marantz would be a safer buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts