Marantz Pm44se vs Marantz Pm6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi back in the day I used to own a Marantz Pm44se and was wondering if any one has heard this amp together with the Marantz Pm6003, and if so whats there verdict between the two.

Many Thx

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm bumping this, and I want to ask a question, because the reason this thread is slipping down is I think the question is a bit vague?

1. Do you still own the 44SE?

2. Are you looking to upgrade?

The model numbers at Marantz are way too confusing. I used to own a PM45SE (35th anniversary series), and this came before the 44SE looking at the design. A general answer to the question is that Marantz amps still remain competitve at their respective price points. If you like one, chances are you'll like them all. However, always worth auditioning for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Hi thx for the reply

I dont own the pm44se anymore but I remember how impressed I was with the amp with the other equipment I own.

I still own the other equipment but am not using it atm, but will be soon( moving house with more space) so looking at getting a system back together.

I have been thinking of a second hand pm44se or the new pm6003.

Thx

Lectrolux:
Hi thx for the reply

I dont own the pm44se anymore but I remember how impressed I was with the amp with the other equipment I own.

I still own the other equipment but am not using it atm, but will be soon( moving house with more space) so looking at getting a system back together.

Thx

Hi Lectrolux

I'll recommend you seek out the PM44SE
emotion-1.gif
or even better still the PM64
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

samn

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
PM6003 is definitely way much better than PM44SE in my opinion. The typical Marantz sound is always there but PM6003 brings out morer. You've got to listen for yourself to know the differences. It's like comparing an old car with a new car.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:Lectrolux:

Hi thx for the reply

Thx

Hi Lectrolux

I'll recommend you seek out the PM44SE
emotion-1.gif
or even better still the PM64
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick, he asked for a decent budget amp, not the easiest way to break his cars suspension!!!
emotion-2.gif

Indeed the PM64 was a lovely amp, and if you can pick up one of those I doubt you'll be dissapointed, although after all this time it may well need some of it's contact switches cleaned.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Lectrolux:
Hi back in the day I used to own a Marantz Pm44se and was wondering if any one has heard this amp together with the Marantz Pm6003, and if so whats there verdict between the two.

Many Thx

What speakers are you using? The amp/speaker relationship is extremely important - it's something that needs to be tested first hand and can't be guessed at. Tonally they're quite different - the 6003 is a more lively, energetic sound, but can sound a little rough if not matched carefully, while the PM44se is smoother and more laid back (think more along the lines of Arcam), but lacks the get up and go that some demand for their music.

If you can pick up a 44se cheap enough, take it into a dealer and compare them side by side - at least that way, if you prefer the 6003, you should be able to sell the 44 on without ending up out of pocket.

A

Anonymous

Hi im using Mission 780SE's( not the later ones which kept breaking) on atacama's se24 stands.

A

Anonymous

I have just bought a PM6003 to replace a knackered PM44SE and it sounds spectacular in comparison. More life, better sound stage, deep, but controlled bass and much more detail and nuance. I am running it with Mission 761is and a new CD6003. Although it does make the ipod and my sony minidisk desk also sound fabulous.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Cypher:Great choice ! The PM6003 is a fantastic amp with a nice natural sound
emotion-1.gif

+1. Admittedly I don't have too much to compare it with but it certainly ticks all my boxes, especially since I got my Focal's. The 780SE's are great speakers IMO and I think they'll work very well indeed with the PM6003.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts