Marantz PM-15S2 - Focal 826V interconnect and speaker cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I would like to ask your help and advice for interconnect and speaker cable to use in my system.

Amplifier : Marantz PM-15S2, Speakers: Focal 826V: CDP - Philips CD950.

thank in advance

Albert

A

Anonymous

for the moment I'm using some cables just to connect the things (noname 2-3 euro interconnect and 1-2 euro /m normal cables).

I intend to buy some decent cable set , but I would appreciate your help because I'm really a beginner as soon as I bought the amplificator and the speakers recently.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Since you are a "beginner", the cables you are using will be fine (you can hear music through your speakers?).

Over the next few weeks, browse cable threads on this forum, if you haven't already. Then decide if you want to spend your money.

If money's no object, just buy whatever takes your fancy, the differences the magazine reviews claim to hear are there to sell the cable, not provide an actual description - it would help if we all stopped saying "this cable sounds smooth/cold/warm and fluffy" and say the music sounds this way after fitting the cable. Or at least, that is what I am desperately trying to hear.

In other words, just hold back for a month or two. Caveat emptor.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Datay, I think this it a good advice :)

I'm curiouse if somebody is using this amplificator and speaker combination and if yes what cables is using?

A

Anonymous

Hello, I'm writing again :), I borrowed some Kimber 8TC old type (blue-black) cable just to see the difference on my system and there is clearly noticable change.

The treble which was not clear - with distortions - maybe muddy could be the good word, became much more clear and maybe the bass also more round. so definity I will change my speaker cable but I'm not decided on which type to go as I was reding different review and taking in consideration also the availability of the cables what I can by arround me I'm thinking on:

Kimber 8TC or QED Genesis Silver Spiral.

I could by second hand Kimber 8TC on good price or new QED Genesis Silver Spiral new with 50% higher price then Kimber.

Could the Genesis bring some improvement over Kimber 8TC?

Thank for your advice and opinion.

himaniac

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently searching for a new amp.

My system is Marantz Cd player 6004, Yamaha As 500 and Focal 726V .

I am asking you because we share the same brand in speakers (Focal)

How is your system sounding with the Marantz power amp?

Is it warm?

Tiring for your ears?

Balanced?

I am interested in Marantz Pm KI Pearl lite ..that's why

Thank you very much !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts