Marantz Pearl Lite CD DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'was not really sure in which forum to post this, maybe it's more a DAC thing.

I leave very far from the hifi-civilized world:) and I can't really go and test all the CD players and DACs with various speakers and all, so I would like your opinion on this matter.

I have a budget with which I could maybe buy the Marantz Pearl Lite CD player or perhaps a Cyrus CD player. I would buy something like this also because these have digital inputs so I would exploit their DACs. Now I started thinking why shouldn't I just buy a separate DAC and some other CD player, and I was wondering what is the price category I sould be looking at for getting a DAC that is similar, in the quality of the sound, to the ones these CD players have.

Thanks for your help,

Claque

tonique.claque said:
Hello,

I'was not really sure in which forum to post this, maybe it's more a DAC thing.

I leave very far from the hifi-civilized world:) and I can't really go and test all the CD players and DACs with various speakers and all, so I would like your opinion on this matter.

I have a budget with which I could maybe buy the Marantz Pearl Lite CD player or perhaps a Cyrus CD player. I would buy something like this also because these have digital inputs so I would exploit their DACs. Now I started thinking why shouldn't I just buy a separate DAC and some other CD player, and I was wondering what is the price category I sould be looking at for getting a DAC that is similar, in the quality of the sound, to the ones these CD players have.

Thanks for your help,

Claque

Hi Claque

What amp and speakers will you be using?

Have you aleady got a cd player?

What do you generally listen to?

Your budget?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Musicraft,

Speakers Canton 890. I'll be checking out a vaccuum tube amplifier today, if not I'll get a Rotel. CD Player no, I don't have. That's why I'm asking - I'm considering taking a DAC and rip all my CDs to a hard drive instead.

Regards,

Claque

tonique.claque said:
Hi Musicraft,

Speakers Canton 890. I'll be checking out a vaccuum tube amplifier today, if not I'll get a Rotel. CD Player no, I don't have. That's why I'm asking - I'm considering taking a DAC and rip all my CDs to a hard drive instead.

Regards,

Claque

Hi Claque

Thanks for your reply.

What valve amp were you going to look at? Rotel amp?

Have you looked at any DACs so far?

What kind of presentation would you like from the system?

Your budget?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hello Musicraft,

Thanks to you!

So I don't know, I was thinking of thecking out the Magnat MA 800, first. It has a valve pre-amp and the price is acceptable. Others I don't know.

For the Rotel, the only reasonable choice seems to be the RA-1520.

No, I didn't check any DAC. I was thinking about DACs in the range of 300 EUR (about 450 USD).

A

Anonymous

So just to come back to my original question:

What kind of DAC do I have to buy to get the same quality of sound as from the Marantz Pearl Lite CD player?

tonique.claque said:
So just to come back to my original question:

What kind of DAC do I have to buy to get the same quality of sound as from the Marantz Pearl Lite CD player?

Hi Claque

Ideally it would also be useful to know which amplifier you're likely to go for. Anyway in the meantime Rega's DAC or Chord Electronics Chordette Peach DAC are worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

tonique.claque said:
Hello Musicraft,

Thanks to you!

So I don't know, I was thinking of thecking out the Magnat MA 800, first. It has a valve pre-amp and the price is acceptable. Others I don't know.

For the Rotel, the only reasonable choice seems to be the RA-1520.

No, I didn't check any DAC. I was thinking about DACs in the range of 300 EUR (about 450 USD).

Hi Claque

Your welcome.

The Magnat 800 looks impressive. Did you listen to the 800?

Is are happy to consider a used amplifier then as an alternative also have a look at Rotel's RA-1062. I feel the RA-1062 is the finest overall amp which they've produced in the last ten years :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts