Marantz or NAD amplifier ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for amplifier for my Mordaunt-Short 902i.

After a lot of search i consider these two : marantz 6002 and NAD C325BEE.

I listen mostly rock, hard rock and blues.

Witch would be better for my needs.

Thanks a lot.

A

Anonymous

I have recently purchased the NAD amp you mention and I would say it's a fine anplifier. I play mostly Rock and Jazz with a little Classical thrown into the mix.

Most reviewers would tell you that the NAD is a little restrained but I really like it.

On the basis of the above conventional wisdom says the Marantz but TBH the best thing to do is to audition them side by side if you can.

IMHO your speakers will make a lot more of a difference to what you hear than your amp at this price point.

A

Anonymous

I would go for neither - the Marantz is soft and mushy while the NAD lacks authority (IMO). My choice would be the Rotel RA-04. You will love it.

A

Anonymous

I'd still say IMO that at this price point the speakers will make a much bigger difference than the amp.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
welshboy:I'd still say IMO that at this price point the speakers will make a much bigger difference than the amp.

Good job the MS speakers are excellent then.

I was running some 902Signature for quite a few years, off my Arcam A80. I only upgraded when I recently moved and found myself in a 5x10 m listening room.

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif
I agree they are excellent speakers.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replies.

I can choose only between Marantz - NAD - Cambridge Audio, sorry.

T

the record spot

Are you somewhere where no other options are available?

NAD are consistent, the Marantz is a solid amp and Cambridge, well they have a pedigree in the sub-£500 budget you can only admire. The Rotel would be on my list too, but if that's out of the question, it's personal preference based on listening tests. Have you viewed any of the reviews on here and other hifi sites? Stereophile, etc.? Worth doing so to get a broad idea of what each amp has to offer.

You won't make a bad choice with any of these amps by the by - they are all well recommended designs, generally good to excellent build quality, have many admirers and are very easy on the wallet; solid value for money. Happy hunting!

A

Anonymous

Yes, I was read a lot of reviews on the net and NAD budget amplifier have good reviews.

Also i didn't mention my budget is about 300 £ for amplifier ( pay for MS902i cca 100 £)

There is also Denon, but from what i read it isn't in the same league as NAD, CA or Marantz.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Toshiro:

Yes, I was read a lot of reviews on the net and NAD budget amplifier have good reviews.

Also i didn't mention my budget is about 300 £ for amplifier ( pay for MS902i cca 100 £)

There is also Denon, but from what i read it isn't in the same league as NAD, CA or Marantz.

Not so. Especially if spending £500 plus, Denon amplifiers are a real alternative to other quality brands. I have'nt heard any current budget denon products but we recently tried a s/h denon amplifier and it would be fair to say it stood its own ground compared to some distinguished current products retailing at four times the price of the denon new. They probably dont attract the attention because the brand is regarded less 'hifi' than the usual suspects, I'd guess in no small part due to the success of their micro systems. Dont forget, they make some 2 channel equipment in the realms of 'high end' with matching price tags so there's a lot of experience. Dont dismiss them without at least listening to a product if it falls within your budget if you have the opportunity.

matthewpiano

NAD C325BEE is a superb amp and, IMO, leaves the Marantz trailing behind. With the MS speakers it will sound dynamic and exciting with excellent soundstaging. The last amp I kept long term before buying the Cambridge was the C325BEE.

A

Anonymous

Thanks matthewpiano, week ago NAD arrive and right when i connect everything and play, sound wonderfull. I even heard sounds which i didn't heard before, it was almost as revelation to me.

Also NAD have so much power i listen it on minimum and sound is everywhere in room, very clear.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts