Marantz M-CR610 or Denon RCD-N8

dieterdr

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

I'm from Belgium and my english is not so good but I have a question!

I'll buy the Marantz or the Denon, the specifications are not so different but witch system would you choose and why?

I'll buy it in combination with the B&W 685 speakers and in the future a little subwoofer. Is that a good option?

Many thx!

The man who try to speak a little bit english ;)

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hallo Dieter,

the Marantz and the Denon are very similar. Whathifi has tested both and there verdict was that the Marantz offers more refinement, organization and fine detail. The Denon has more punch. The question is which sounds better to you with the b&w's that you have chosen. In Belgium it should not be too hard to find a store that has both. My guess is that the Marantz is better with the b&w's. The b&w delivers a good bass and has plenty of punch. Good luck with your choice.

Kind regards,

Peter

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
depending on source - I would suggest you consider an AV amp ( or atleast audition a few)

most modern recievers offers most of the features you'll find on the midi systems you are looking at ( may not be as pretty though) but offer real world power to make the most of those speakers, especially in stereo ( once you get the set-up right).

They also offer DSP modes which can add so much to your music to suit mood and digital inputs a plenty.

try price comparible pioneers, yamahas or denons...you be suprised.

dieterdr

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

thx for th reaction! I ordered the Marantz. Tomorrow I'll go to a store and listen to the B&W's. I think I'll also look for a subwoofer. Maybe the B&W ASW610... or do you have a suggestion?

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase! Of course the ASW will match fine with the 685's. However I would wait with getting the subwoofer. Your listening room might not need one and if you feel that it does you can always get one later. When you go out for your audition be sure to listen to other brands too. You might like another brand even better. For example Mordaunt Short, Dali and Focal match very well with Marantz.

Where dou you plan on putting your speakers? Standmounts/bookshelve speakers sound there best on stands rather than on a desk or dressoir. If you plan on the latter should also get dempers (pardon my dutch) to isolate vibrations from your speakers. But if you have the space get stands.

have a nice audition!

Peter

robantwerp

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Marantz Melody CR610 very difficult to find nowadays in the big stores like Mediamarkt so I am therefore looking at Denon Ceol N9 or N8

Our major concern is whether the cd player can play all our CD collection (also from 20 years ago). In a age of streaming and bluetooth we are a bit nostalgic to take out a cd, look at it's cover and listen to it (and franky also reluctant to copy all 400-600 cd's on pc). We discovered that our old home cinema system could play the old cd's but had problems reading the newer ones (skipping tracks or hanging). Our laptop plays the new cd's but has problems reading the old ones.... Not sure whether it's a difference in format/thickness of the cd.

So N9 or N8. ?

I want a system with internet radio. I believe they both have that.

Also though they praise the Denon speakers, But I just bought a harman kardon omni 10 and thinking of expanding them throughout the house. Question is whether I can connect this speaker wirelessly to the Denon instead of using the Denon wired speakers. Also am thinking of connect the Denon speakers then to the new led TV I still need to get. Or is it better to look for a home cinema system

So is there a big difference then between the N9 or N8 except the price ? Sofar i believe it's only the output : the N9 has 2 x 65 and N8 2 x 40.

It's just for the living room - dining room - kitchen in L-shape

So which one would you choose and why ? Or is it still better to search the Marantz CR610 ?

thx

rob

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
On all units from the N7 to the N9 inc. both Marantz's the amp spec is the same 65W + 65W/4ohms. I also do not believe they will be voiced differently at this price point. Choose the one with the features and looks you desire. Been using my Denon N7 with B&W CM8's for over 2 years they work brilliantly together and can play seriously loud when reqd. Had several party's with no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts