Marantz M - CR 610

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks.

At the moment i'm tempted to buy the new Marantz all in one system, the M-CR 610, as it appears to be a very verstaile and interesting bit of kit, with much praise heaped on it in reviews and feedback. The Q Acoustics 2020i speakers appear to go well with it, and sound quality is said to be excellent.

At present i have fairly old equipment - Marantz CD42 player, Yamaha KX 390 cassette player, Mission 760i speakers, and a Musical Fidelity B1 amp. If anyone can help me, i wonder could i play the Yamaha deck through the Marantz, as i still have a sizeable cassette collection which i still listen to? Also could i link up the B1 amp to the new Marantz, and play it through that...and is there any benefit in doing so? My room is small (4m x 4m) so i have to wall mount the speakers. How would the M-Cr610 compare to Marantz, and other cd players in the £300 bracket? With such a small room, i don't think i can justify buying an expensive system, and i think the M-CR 610 will be very verstaile for streaming etc, as i enjoy Spotify. I would be very grateful for any advice from forum users....Callum.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The 610 has two analogue line inputs, either of which I guess will happily accept the line-out from your cassette deck. It also has a line-out which I suppose if you wanted you could connect to an input on another amp. But that kind of defeats the objective of having an all-in-one device to start with.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You want to plug it into another amp as a source along with a cassette deck. It can be done (ONLY plug the Audio-out from the Marantz into a line level input on the MF B1).

Alternatively buy a streamer and plug that into the Mf B1.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Callum J said:
...The Q Acoustics 2020i speakers appear to go well with it,.....

At present i have [...] Mission 760i speakers

Would you not be tempted to try the Mission 760i speakers with a Marantz MRC610 first? They were about £150 new weren't they? Always got good reviews I seem to recall. Anyway, yes, the Marantz MRC610 is a very capable piece of kit. It's small, lots of features, and sounds terrific...and from what you say would suit your needs. I'm using them with Q Acoustic speakers (Concept 20s downstairs and 2010is upstairs) and it's a good union to my ears :grin:

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt replies.....much appreciated.

Yes, i could try the Missions, not a bad idea, but i do see good deals on the go if i buy the Marantz and the Q acoustics together. Glad you'r enjoying the MRC610 Siuk, and i bet they sound good together. Is it a very clear, detailed, and full sound?

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is detailed, and the soundstage is 3D-like and layered. I keep being surprised by it with music I know very well!

Before the current set up I had a Mission Cyrus TWO and PSX, a TEAC VRDS10, and Mission 751 speakers with AQ Crystal speaker cables and AQ Emerald interconnects. The Marantz doesn't match my previous setup in terms of power and detail - it was very analytical sound - but I wouldn't expect it to. But it has something that my old set up didn't, and that is the ability to play anything and well. My old system made poor quality CDs sound like they were, atrocious; it was a pain in the rump as some were just horrible to listen to. The Marantz on the other hand makes them all sound good, even the worst ones don't sound awful. It's a really addictive and compact box of tricks with losts of useful features.

What Hi-Fi sum it up fairly well I'd say.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-m-cr610

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments Suik. It sounds like a system that would suit my needs very well, and be fun to have. There will be a few things to play around with, and, plus good sound quality as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts