Marantz Cinema 30

Andrew0202

Jul 4, 2024
Visit site
My understanding and experience tell me that if you want to listen to multi-channel music or music video, all this functionality is not needed... the best solution is a multi-channel processor and external amplifiers selected (matched) with the acoustics. I once went through all the receivers... the sound is not musical ... even Arcam (10/11-30/31), which was considered a cult brand, is simply much inferior in sound to an ordinary Naim or Musical Fidelity stereo amplifier... what can we say about Denon/maranz.... and for cinema, even the cheapest receiver will do...

BanquoStarbon

May 20, 2022
Visit site
I’ve had this AVR since its launch and what’s really taken me by surprise is its music stereo performance. I actually prefer it over my dedicated stereo amp. It’s just smoother and easier to listen to over longer periods. Also Dolby Atmos music is good fun too and really shows off how much control the cinema 30 has over multiple channels.

Reactions: bearclaw

bearclaw

Jul 4, 2024
Visit site
My understanding and experience tell me that if you want to listen to multi-channel music or music video, all this functionality is not needed... the best solution is a multi-channel processor and external amplifiers selected (matched) with the acoustics. I once went through all the receivers... the sound is not musical ... even Arcam (10/11-30/31), which was considered a cult brand, is simply much inferior in sound to an ordinary Naim or Musical Fidelity stereo amplifier... what can we say about Denon/maranz.... and for cinema, even the cheapest receiver will do...
You say "All this functionality is not needed" and then suggest buying a processor and external amplifiers "matched with the acoustics". Yes, much simpler than buying a receiver with room correction.

And of course stereo amplifiers sound better than receivers but are you going to run 6 of them to power all the speakers the Cinema 30 can? A receiver of this caliber will get pretty close for stereo playback and if it's not good enough you can use it for processing and add an amp of your choice to power the mains anyway.

"And for cinema even the cheapest receiver will do". You just stated receivers aren't good enough to play music. Don't movies contain music? So which is it? Are they too good or not good enough? You're really tipping your hand here. You're a music guy without an interest or a clue about home cinema. And that is perfectly fine but there is no need to tear down products you don't understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian AV
Your understanding and experience is pretty limited to write a comment like that.

Perhaps you really want this unit but can't afford it and are trying to cover that up with a snobby post.
I'm not going to issue a warning on this occasion as you are a newcomer, but please refer to forum rules (a sticky in each forum) - particularly about belittling/insulting. WHF wants things civil here.

Reactions: Wales1

Andrew0202

Jul 4, 2024
Visit site
Your understanding and experience is pretty limited to write a comment like that.
You say "All this functionality is not needed" and then suggest buying a processor and external amplifiers "matched with the acoustics". Yes, much simpler than buying a receiver with room correction.

And of course stereo amplifiers sound better than receivers but are you going to run 6 of them to power all the speakers the Cinema 30 can? A receiver of this caliber will get pretty close for stereo playback and if it's not good enough you can use it for processing and add an amp of your choice to power the mains anyway.

"And for cinema even the cheapest receiver will do". Don't movies contain music? You just stated receivers aren't good enough to play music. So which is it? Are they too good or not good enough?

Perhaps you really want this unit but can't afford it and are trying to cover that up with a snobby post.
What nonsense you write... I have been interested in music for a long time... and in 20-21 I spent six months looking for my sound, and I found it. If we talk about audio equipment, then I have 5.1 (I don't need more) Acram AVR 20, which does not work as a receiver, because it is connected to Naim amplifiers per channel, Naim Supernait 3 front, Naim xs3 surround sound.. ProAc Response acoustics... calculate approximately how much it costs... And you write that I can't afford Maranz..... Maranz/Denon are purely cinema receivers.... music in cinema is not the same as music itself... the ideal is Crossroads guitar festival 2010, 2013... magnificent sound mastering will never be revealed on cinema receivers.

TRENDING THREADS