MARANTZ CD7300 ?

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
never heard the CA you mention but I use the 7300 and its a good sounding well built player, but I can somtimes hear the discs clicking as they spin with certain cd's ,not sure if this is a trait of this model or its just mine, does not affect the sound which is weighty and non harsh , but its maybe something to watch for if you are buying a used one

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Unlike the amps, the Topaz CD players are actually pretty good. I'd consider looking for a used CD6003 or CD6004 for a real upgrade.

Hi

I agree that the CA TOPAZ CD is pretty good too but lately it sounds a little beat clinical to me I think maybe the CD6004

will be a better choice for my set: ROKSAN KANDY K2 amp + MISSION MX5 speakers ?

:quest:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish I can afford the ROKSAN K2 CD but it's too expensive for me , Will the Marantz 6004 CD be a good

upgrade for my system copare to my CA TOPAZ CD5 ?

A

Anonymous

Hi mate

I've got a gold-finished CD7300 which has been unused for a while. Was thinking about selling it as I've started going into that FLAC / aptx business. Thought would turn it on to make sure it works.

Well, no clicing noise of the CD spinning that's for sure. And even without any warming up, the sound is so much more superior (did a back-toback comparison with Gato Barbieri's Into the Sunset; ripped from same CD into FLAC). So ok, not selling it any more (gonna be another white elephant....)

I think its probably the same as CD6004 or similiar series. Competent mid-range CD player during its time. The rare thing about it is, its the only CD player in that price range that can play mp3s on CD; albeit at only 128kps. After it was withdrawn, I cannot find any player that can do that except at a higher price range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts