Marantz CD6003

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I am looking at getting a Denon AVR-2311 or a AVR-3311. I use my system as a 50/50 split between movies and CD's/Ipod. Would the Marantz CD6003 be a good companion for either of the AV Receivers for good quality CD playback?

Tony

Glen12

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Not quite the answer you may want but I am using the Marantz with a Sony DA2400ES receiver. I am using Atlas Equator interconnect with a Tacima Mains Conditioner and Clearer Audio Copper-Line Alpha mains leads. My speakers are Monitor Audio BX2 with Chord Company Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable.

I did change from a stereo amp because I'm bit of a minimalist. I find cd playback superb and having listened to my cd's through other stereo amp set ups I dont think I have lost anything. In fact I love the sound. It's clear, sharp and has plenty of bass when needed. Of course thats just my personal opinion.

Reviews of both Denon amps state how musical they are so I don't think you'd be disappointed. But I suppose it would also depend on your speakers etc.

Hope that helps a little.

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey

Thank you for the response. Thats good to hear that you dont think you have lost anything by going from a stereo amp to a receiver. I'm the same in going for the minimalist look.

I have Mordaunt short speakers at the mo, which up until now and the size of my room i have been happy with. I was going to upgrade the receiver and then possibly upgrade the speakers at a later date to possibly the B&W 685 home theatre (if necessary) and to Chord Carnival Silver Screen Cable

Thanks again

Glen12

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
No worries.

I auditioned the B&W 685 and thought they were excellent. I think you'll be pleased with your set up.

I also strongly suggest upgrading the mains cable/adapter as well. I personally noticed improvements all round and it doesn't cost much for the differences.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS