Marantz CD6003 problem!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, long time reader, first time poster!

I recently upgraded my "very budget" setup, to just a "budget" setup, and im very happy with it. It now consists of a Marantz PM6003, Marantz CD6003 & a pair of CA S30's. I cant believe what i have been missing! Been listening to all my CD's again :)

However, im having a few random issues with the CD6003, there are a couple of CD's it has issues with. The CD's play fine on anything else but "Dido: Life for rent" has what i can only describe as "micro skips" the whole way through the album, on every track?! The disc surface is pristine, and as i say plays on everything else. The other is (don't laugh) "Doctor Who: Series 4 - The specials Disc 2", which the Marantz refuses to play track 1!?

And there was one CD of my wife's that causes it to completely freeze on one track! To the point where it wont respond to button presses!?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys :)

A

Anonymous

Hi watcher,

i had the marantz cd6003 and amp, never had a single problem with any disc,

i have 2 dido albums and both played fine.

which is more than can be said for the cyrus 8se i now have !

iMark

Have you tried ripping the CD's with error correction on a computer? If you rip the CD's in wav or aiff you can burn the files to a CD-R. It's a good way to check if there are errors on your disc. I have had success with a couple of discs that wouldn't play in a CDP but would rip fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts