Marantz cd6002 owners - help needed !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Just over a week ago I purchased a Marantz cd6002 cd player. The first unit I purchased had a faulty drawer which wouldn't close, and I exchanged it for a brand new unit. My question concerns the build of the cd tray, which seems to be very flimsy - you can move this up and down very easily. The Marantz player I had before this was a CD5400 which seemed to be a lot studier, and that was a entry level player costing £99.99. Is this how the tray should be on this cd player or do I potentially have another dud ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I haven't got one but I have played about with a few and they all have a loose drawer. You can move it a little bit even when closed. It's not overly-engineered but it should be up to the job! Don't worry about it, just use it.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI mate...........If its not broke dont worry... I have a CD 63 KI which is about 12 years old i still use it in a second system the transport mech. (draw is a bit flimsy) it always has been but i promise you it still sounds great and i have had no problems with it. My cd 63 is about 12 years old so no problems mate

A

Anonymous

Hi,
My CD6000OSE doesn't close tightly, so when you are transporting it you have to tape the drawer shut or it comes open - and it's nearly been snapped off a few too many times already...
Must just be Marantz's way of showing us they're only human after all?

Nedtom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts