Marantz av amps

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
IAM using the marantz sr6011 with the q7000i. Makes a brilliant package for both movies and music. Guess you are looking for an amp for your future satellite speakers system. This marantz gets my fullest recommedation :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
IAM using the marantz sr6011 with the q7000i. Makes a brilliant package for both movies and music. Guess you are looking for an amp for your future satellite speakers system. This marantz gets my fullest recommedation :)

Ill go richer sounds to listen to the q acoustics

Although i can get a full 5.1 tannoy arena with ts 10 sub ebay for 250

scene

Like bigboss I've got the SR7009 and have found abolutely superb for both Music and AV.

I'm using a mix of Monitor Audio speakers and found this to work really well - can't recommend it enough.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've heard of some people having had bad luck with 6011s failing out of the box, and the 6011 has just been replaced with the 6012. But if you get one that works correctly from new, the 6011 should be a cracker.

7010 owner myself. Only use it for movies at the mo, but very very pleased.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Has sr 6011 for £699
But6011 2nd hand for 439

They also have pioneer 2021 for only £199 how is that one for sound?
Buy the Marantz. Stay clear of Pionkyo.

Edit - get them to do a 24 hour burn in on the Marantz just in case. FL and FR channels have been found to be bad on some units.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Has sr 6011 for £699 But6011 2nd hand for 439

I have the VSX-2021. It's not that new now, but IMO it's an excellent amp.

Plus sides: very precise sound, pretty decent timing, feed it a well-mastered surround mix and it's awesome. So for movies it's fantastic. Very good iOS control app and a great deal of control. You can really fine tune this amp to suit your room and speakers if you have sufficient interest to delve into its plethora of settings. A very Apple-friendly product with Airplay and direct digital input of iPod/iPhone/iPad. Pretty good DAC IMO. MCACC room correction is pretty good and quite subtle.

Negatives: truly awful remote control design (but the app kind makes up for it), and could sound 'clinical' to you if you prefer a warmer sound. I personally love it. The analogue inputs are so-so. Better to use the digital inputs and its own DAC. Ultimately the power supply can't provide the current delivery of a good stereo amp in controlling the bass, but you can obviously crossover to an active sub or add a power amp for that if you were so inclined.

It's not a new model, but can happily decode DTS-MA and Dolby HD codecs. Originally an £800 machine 5/6 years ago, so it could be someone's bargain. The only technical trouble I've had is with the remote (many keys don't work, but my Bluray player's remote DOES work with it as does the iOS app); and for a time the app didn't work, but the updated later version sorted the issues and it's fine now.

Overall a really good effort from Pioneer that regularly brings a smile to my face. It's repaid my investment (reduced price of £500 when I bought it) many times over.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Leeps said:
Andrewjvt said:
Has sr 6011 for £699 But6011 2nd hand for 439

I have the VSX-2021. It's not that new now, but IMO it's an excellent amp. 

Plus sides: very precise sound, pretty decent timing, feed it a well-mastered surround mix and it's awesome. So for movies it's fantastic. Very good iOS control app and a great deal of control. You can really fine tune this amp to suit your room and speakers if you have sufficient interest to delve into its plethora of settings. A very Apple-friendly product with Airplay and direct digital input of iPod/iPhone/iPad. Pretty good DAC IMO. MCACC room correction is pretty good and quite subtle.

Negatives: truly awful remote control design (but the app kind makes up for it), and could sound 'clinical' to you if you prefer a warmer sound. I personally love it. The analogue inputs are so-so. Better to use the digital inputs and its own DAC. Ultimately the power supply can't provide the current delivery of a good stereo amp in controlling the bass, but you can obviously crossover to an active sub or add a power amp for that if you were so inclined.

It's not a new model, but can happily decode DTS-MA and Dolby HD codecs. Originally an £800 machine 5/6 years ago, so it could be someone's bargain. The only technical trouble I've had is with the remote (many keys don't work, but my Bluray player's remote DOES work with it as does the iOS app); and for a time the app didn't work, but the updated later version sorted the issues and it's fine now.

Overall a really good effort from Pioneer that regularly brings a smile to my face. It's repaid my investment (reduced price of £500 when I bought it) many times over.
Sounds good as i have ny main set up for music this will just be movies with satellite speakers and until 65 inch 4k tvs reflect the price of the smaller 55inches im staying 1080p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts