Marantz 1250 left channel problem and buttons help :)

turgimon

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys!

I just bought a Marantz 1250. it was recapped 2 years ago. there is a problem with the left channel that sounds less alive and less high frequency than the right channel, maybe someone knows what it can be? any thoughts about this model from people who know this one? I understand that it a rare model to find.
also, I will need help with all the buttons here lol like tone defeat, turnover (250hz, 4khz), filter (30hz, 9khz) what are they doing?

Thank you!
Gal

Last edited:

shadders

thanks! i have the manual but it not explaining the buttons and what i need it for :(
Hi,
The tone defeat does what it says - depressing the button will bypass the tone controls such that they do not affect the sound.

The turnover button changes the frequency of operation of the tone controls.

If you depress the tone defeat - then there should be no differences in high or low frequency between the channels.

It is possible you have a fault - the switches may not be functioning properly. Is there clicking/static sound when you depress the buttons ?

Regards,
Shadders.

Reactions: turgimon

turgimon

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
The tone defeat does what it says - depressing the button will bypass the tone controls such that they do not affect the sound.

The turnover button changes the frequency of operation of the tone controls.

If you depress the tone defeat - then there should be no differences in high or low frequency between the channels.

It is possible you have a fault - the switches may not be functioning properly. Is there clicking/static sound when you depress the buttons ?

Regards,
Shadders.
thank you for the answer!
just check the tone defeat, look like it do what it need to. no other sound or static when i depress the buttons. still left channel sound less clean :(

shadders

thank you for the answer!
just check the tone defeat, look like it do what it need to. no other sound or static when i depress the buttons. still left channel sound less clean :(
Hi,
It may be that the amplifier has a fault. It is rather old. Unless it is a connection issue, or contacts issue with the switches inside the amplifier, then the cost of repair will outweigh the benefits. You could try a contact cleaner on the switches - but failing that, maybe look for a new amplifier ?
Regards,
Shadders.

Reactions: Gray
Where did you buy it from? Would you have the option of a refund?

(EDIT: Is it the 'ended' eBay listing that a quick Google throws up? If so, the cost means it should work properly - that seems like a lot for a 40y/o amp, so I'm assuming they were pretty expensive when new!)

Last edited:
Reactions: turgimon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts