Making my passive speakers wireless?

nosiesta

Jul 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi there

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I have looked but found nothing conclusive.

For practical reasons (limited options to trail cable around a room) I am curious to know if it is possible (and a good idea!) to somehow make my passive Wharfdale Diamond 9.1 speakers 'wireless' and then link them back to my Rotel RA-08 amp?

Can this work? Without losing out any 'quality'? Or should I just buy some chuffin' long cables and get creative?

Thanks so much in advance for the help!

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi nosiesta, if you really insist on wireless system, I think the best for you is to go for some wireless speakers like Sonos, etc. There is a big offer on the market. In general your amp is simple solid analogue amp, same for speakers. If distance between amp and speaker is up to some 10 meters, this is still OK. If you choose good copper cable you will have no problem with sound quality. And to go wireless, there is always a loss in dacs and transmiter. From my point of view, if you like good soumd quality, it has a sense to start with some wireless speakers like Triangle AIO Twin for some 700 pounds. Thea are really good. Better are e.g. Kef LSX 2, but they are 1200 pounds. And so on. Dynaudio and Bowers@Wilkins both make very good wireless speakers. In your situation I will stay in "analogue" modus. Rotel RA 06 and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 are both very good, their time class leaders. BR. Juraj

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Axiom makes both wireless speakers and devices to convert to wireless.

I have many of their passive speakers (M80, M5, M3, M2) and think they are fabulous; however, I don't have any of their wireless products so I can't vouch for those.

Gray

....should I just buy some chuffin' long cables and get creative?
Yes.
Within thin trunking above skirting boards (and around doorways if necessary).
So unobtrusive, you'll forget it's there:

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

nads

Think your question through.
Passive speakers need an amplifier. Which will need power. It will need a signal which will need both a transmitter and a receiver.

So your current amp is useless. You will need power at your speaker positions. Then you will need two new power amps and a suitable Pre amp (unless your current a,p has pre outs. Then you will need the transmission system.

Run cables or change the whole system.

Reactions: DougK1 and Al ears
Think your question through.
Passive speakers need an amplifier. Which will need power. It will need a signal which will need both a transmitter and a receiver.

So your current amp is useless. You will need power at your speaker positions. Then you will need two new power amps and a suitable Pre amp (unless your current a,p has pre outs. Then you will need the transmission system.

Run cables or change the whole system.
My thoughts exactly....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts