Making my old studio speakers wireless

Rjean

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Dear audiophiles,

I'm looking for some advice. Since I've just moved to a new place I'm re-installing my audio setup. This time around, I would like to make it as wireless as possible. In a nutshell: I'm looking for a way to make my old active studio speakers (Genelec 1030A) wirelessly play music from three (types of) sources: laptops of me and my girlfriend (through WiFi, Bluetooth or otherwise), our mobile phones (Android-based) and.. an old record player. From our laptops/mobiles I would like to be able to play Mp3's as well as streaming audio from Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube etc.

Is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction as to what wireless solution would work, and be somewhat affordable? I think I'm looking for a audio device that can wirelessly (through WiFi or Bluetooth) receive audio from our laptops and mobile phones, and could also connect to my old record player (that would probably have to be an analogue, wired connection) and then send whatever signal(s) it's receiving wirelessly to my active speakers (that would need a device of their own to pick up this signal). Is there any system like this on the market?

Thanks in advance for any tips you might have.

Kind regards, Rjean

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Not sure what inputs you have on your Genelec speakers, but if it has standard RCAs something like the Arcam miniBlink will allow you to stream via Bluetooth from your phones or laptops to the speakers:

http://www.whathifi.com/arcam/miniblink/review

As for the record player, that could be trickier: you may need a phono stage to boost the signal to the speakers, how is the turntable currently connected?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts