Mains conditioners

A

Anonymous

PLEASE, be nice, be gentle, be polite. You may not agree with what someone says, but you should defend to the death someone's right to say it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
There is no need for anyone to be anything. Hopefully the OP is reading away as we speak, and will buy and or try whatever they consider right for them. Or not. Its all good as long as we dont have to talk about it.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Seeming as no ones actually answered your question yet
emotion-4.gif

Mains conditioners 'clean' the mains signal before entering the equipment.

Everyones walking on eggshells as its a highly debated topic

I personally never believed that 'conditioning' the mains would/could make ANY difference to equipment. But having experimented myself on my own equipment ive found they do indeed work (cleaner picture on freeview, more detail listening to cds etc). Take into consideration though that if theres no RFI present in the mains then there will be no difference (But I doubt anyone here has PERFECT mains)

They also work AGAINST some components. Especially amps that draw a lot of current. My isotek mains conditioner is designed so that I can use virtually any hifi power amp in the world. But most (including the tacima) struggle with high wattage components.

The tacima is best used with cd/dvd players and anything 'low current'.

I now bow out gracefully before the impending attacks begin.............

SteveR750

and might only be of any use with saod DVD / CDP when a suitably shielded kettle lead is then run from the conditioner to maintain a cleaned mains signal. I have found that for my CDP then the Tacima without the clearer audio kettle lead and vice versa is hardly noticeable. Put them together and there does seem to be an improvement.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mark the tacima worked for me, even the wife thought the tv had a better picture.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
AKL:

PLEASE, be nice, be gentle, be polite. You may not agree with what someone says, but you should defend to the death someone's right to say it.

Unfortunately this does not apply in England anymore.

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
With my Tacima I noticed quite an improvement in TV picture (on a 5-star Panasonic TV) when fed with the strong signal from the V+ box. Blacks are slightly blacker, but edge definition is a lot better. The benefit is less so with off-air signal supply, but I suspect our aerial isn't aligned as well as it should be (TV's in the back bedrooms use an aerial in the loft aligned slightly different and picture quality is much better), so I think I'll struggle to see the benefit anyway until the aerial is sorted.

However, I noticed little or no audible difference when adding it to the Home Cinema setup(CD/PS3/V+), whether the receiver was plugged into it or not. However, this is comparing it with the Belkin PureAV surge protector which fed it before (and now feeds it again), so maybe the PureAV is already offering some benefit.

Plugging the receiver directly into the wall causes a very slight drop in quality. In stereo the soundstage was muddled, where previously it was a lot more precise.

I too now bow out of this thread before the cable-atheists* arrive and tell us we're all wrong. If you can afford to buy the Tacima, try it. If it works it works. If you see/hear no benefit then at worse you've bought an expensive surge-protector.

(*I'm not a devout believer, I just consider myself open-minded and like to try most things once to see if they work).

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Ok thanks for replies, might buy one at some point ,there only cheap

Whats stopping me is i use one of these energy saveing multiplugs which switches things off as oposed to being left in standby.Works well but i would no longer be a ble to use it

Mark

T

the record spot

Lost Angeles:AKL:

Unfortunately this does not apply in England anymore.

How about Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland....?
emotion-5.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Lost Angeles:AKL:

Unfortunately this does not apply in England anymore. How about Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland....?
emotion-5.gif

Scotland drew 2-2 with the Faroe Islands...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts