Mains conditioner with an Arcam Solo Mini?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Have any Arcam Solo Mini owners out there bought a mains conditioner (Lindy or Tacima) and found it has actually made a difference - is it worth me buying one?

I previously tried a Clearer Audio power lead and found that didn't make any noticeable difference over the standard lead but wondered whether that was because the Solo Mini isn't sensitive enough for it to make a difference (or that it could only pass on what was coming through the mains anyway). Credit to Clearer Audio though - excellent service!

Cheers

manicm

Jarnesque, can I suggest one concrete improvement you can make? I see you have an iPod touch yes?

Well I just got one too and paired it with the rDock - it sounds so good that it's made my Mini's CD section redundant. (I had a iPod classic 120gb before, and the rDock seems a very GIGO device - and to me the classic 120 was poop).

I have a 64gb touch but I'm ripping to AIFFs as well - not very space efficient I know but it sounds best to my ears - and I'm using a Chord Cobra 3 interconnect.

I must also admit my thoughts on the 685s have altered somewhat - they don't sound too bad close to rear walls as I once thought. You can also experiment with the supplied bungs - but note that they do reduce the bass impact, especially if you fully plug the ports.

I know I've digressed but my system at the rear is a mess what with all those cables - but my system still sounds good without any mains conditioner - I would say experiment before buying.

A

Anonymous

I have the Tacima ... dont hear a difference on my hifi, but worth the £24 as at least there is some form of protection ....

some say they hear vast improvements and apparantly good for tv .... WHF have given it a good review

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Back when I had my Arcam Solo-Mini the Tacima improved the sound from the built-in FM tuner of the Arcam and improved the picture when playing DVDs. (Aleady 'upscaled' using an HDMI lead.)

TRENDING THREADS