MacBook Pro 16 speakers 2021

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
Odd issue here: I bought a MacBook Pro 16 (2021) days after is was released and was blown away by the sound quality from the speakers. Sadly though the device had problems and had to be replaced with a new device. Since then I haven't found myself blown away by the sound as before. Is it possible that I've just gotten used to the sound or could it be possible that the quality is incrementally different based on where the device was made/assembled? (And, do computer speakers improve with use?) Thank you for your thoughts!

shipworm-archaism-recede

Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
Is it possible that I've just gotten used to the sound or could it be possible that the quality is incrementally different based on where the device was made/assembled? (And, do computer speakers improve with use?)
I was similarly impressed with sound quality on my M1 MacBook Air, and I remain so. I was particularly surprised by the difference between normal and Dolby Atmos (or spatial audio) tracks.

It could be that you've got used to it, but it might be your sound preferences in the system or apps you are using (e.g. Apple Music) as I and @nopiano suggested.

Whilst Apple have used alternative components in different manufacturing locations in the past, that practice is rather unusual. I rather doubt that would be the case for the sound subsystem which is a custom design. Apple's quality control is high, but it is possible you have been unlucky enough to suffer a fault with the replacement computer.
(And, do computer speakers improve with use?)
'Burn in' is debated hotly on this forum quite frequently. FWIW and IMO, no.

Reactions: friendly.human

lakelandstu70

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
Odd issue here: I bought a MacBook Pro 16 (2021) days after is was released and was blown away by the sound quality from the speakers. Sadly though the device had problems and had to be replaced with a new device. Since then I haven't found myself blown away by the sound as before. Is it possible that I've just gotten used to the sound or could it be possible that the quality is incrementally different based on where the device was made/assembled? (And, do computer speakers improve with use?) Thank you for your thoughts!
Not sure about the speakers... is it everything you are playing or just Apple Music based? If the later, I discovered the preferences kept defaulting on the playback setting and putting sound enhancer on and sound check. Switching them off made a huge difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts