MA RX6 vs B&W CM7

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Would the MA RX6 or B&W CM7 be a better upgrade from a Monitor Audio S6. Haven't heard either of these speakers as yet, just looking for opinions of people that have heard them.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
IMO, they are both the very best in their respective price ranges. I spent many hours with the RX6 and I used to own both the RS6 and the CM7. You just cannot go wrong with either speaker. Very high VFM with both of these. If I had to pick, the CM7 would win my vote in a photo finish. The CM7 has a very sophisticated high end sound that serves up bags of luscious detail. The mid range driver is first rate. The CM7s are highly entertaining and provide just the right amount of bass punch as well. With all that said, the RX6 is wonderful also, and also provides lots of detail and plenty of bass, but it's not quite as delicate and insightful as the CM7. But it is cheaper and a great bargain. The RX6 will embarass most competing speakers in the same price range.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to Aliahk and especially Jaxwired for your thoughts on these speakers. Yes, the RX6 is quite a bit cheaper and if as you say its a photo finish between the two, then the RX6 would be the winner purely in terms of value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts