LS50 ‘wireless’ 🤣😂

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
So I do love them but I feel I just need to share ‘wireless’ speakers really are not. To be fair I’ve got the connecting usb cable connected, a sub woofer, hard wired to the router, hdmi for tv and a cd player. And gotta be honest they sound amazing. But wireless they are not. Very difficult to hide all those words when the speakers need to be out on display, if the equivalent passive versions were used the wires could be hidden by being input into an amp. Love them I really do but wireless they are not…

It wouldn’t have been my choice of model name/number either, but the wireless refers to the many sources available. Given that mains cables are a necessity, the connection between the two speakers can be wireless. They connect wirelessly to your network. You can play music from phones and tablets via Bluetooth or AirPlay. They can stream music over the network from music servers or PCs. You can listen to music from TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect, as well as any apps provided by ChromeCast. And adding a KC62 subwoofer, it can connect to the system wirelessly with an adaptor. All that from two (or three) mains cables.

How you have yours set up is quite rare for LS50W really. Most people have them on sideboards or similar, much like most of the photography used to promote them. Even though they’ve just had a price rise, you’d still struggle to build a system around LS50 Metas that would match the Wireless version - what streaming amplifier could you add for £1600 that includes all of the above features? Most tend to be missing one or another, so you’d have to choose something like a Bluesound Node, which then leaves you £1050 to try and find an amplifier capable enough to get the best from LS50s. At that price, the best option is a Cyrus One HD.

@davidf would the KEF LSX2 work right up against a wall on stands? Either that or another soundbar for me. Waiting for the Sennheiser Ambeo Plus.
They should be fine against a wall. You have a certain level of control over bass and treble, and if the lower frequencies become a little troublesome, you could always set a low pass filter to filter out the lower bass under say, 60Hz or something, depending where the bass issue is in the frequency range. Personally, I think I’d take the LSX over most soundbars from a quality point of view.

Reactions: manicm
So I do love them but I feel I just need to share ‘wireless’ speakers really are not. To be fair I’ve got the connecting usb cable connected, a sub woofer, hard wired to the router, hdmi for tv and a cd player. And gotta be honest they sound amazing. But wireless they are not. Very difficult to hide all those words when the speakers need to be out on display, if the equivalent passive versions were used the wires could be hidden by being input into an amp. Love them I really do but wireless they are not…
Point well made! I’m sure you could discretely tape the wires to the floor towards to skirting, and run the link wire behind the telly. But the main thing is that you love the sound!

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
It wouldn’t have been my choice of model name/number either, but the wireless refers to the many sources available. Given that mains cables are a necessity, the connection between the two speakers can be wireless. They connect wirelessly to your network. You can play music from phones and tablets via Bluetooth or AirPlay. They can stream music over the network from music servers or PCs. You can listen to music from TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect, as well as any apps provided by ChromeCast. And adding a KC62 subwoofer, it can connect to the system wirelessly with an adaptor. All that from two (or three) mains cables.

How you have yours set up is quite rare for LS50W really. Most people have them on sideboards or similar, much like most of the photography used to promote them. Even though they’ve just had a price rise, you’d still struggle to build a system around LS50 Metas that would match the Wireless version - what streaming amplifier could you add for £1600 that includes all of the above features? Most tend to be missing one or another, so you’d have to choose something like a Bluesound Node, which then leaves you £1050 to try and find an amplifier capable enough to get the best from LS50s. At that price, the best option is a Cyrus One HD.

to be fair I could use less wires, but they do sound better both wired to each other via ethernet and wired to the router. also ive had them on top of a unit ( a double width version of the one in the pic) and they just dont sound as good as they do when they are on stands and moved into the room more. I can hide the cables more and buying the £400matching stands would help but just a call out really, there will always be a 'wire' with them. Maybe an arcam SA30 with the passive versions would be better with how I have them set up.

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
They should be fine against a wall. You have a certain level of control over bass and treble, and if the lower frequencies become a little troublesome, you could always set a low pass filter to filter out the lower bass under say, 60Hz or something, depending where the bass issue is in the frequency range. Personally, I think I’d take the LSX over most soundbars from a quality point of view.

Absolutley agree, Ive got the LS50 wireless 2 as per this post, I also had ceiling speakers (emphasys or something) when i moved into my new house and a denon 4300 amp, using the cieling speakers i got more surround sound but the qualiy was nothing like compared to using the HDMI on the LS50's, also you do still get a certain level of 'surround' using 2 speakers they dont just transmit sound from the speaker itself (they do but it doesnt sound like it..) ive heard sound watching movies from the 2ch LS50's where i thought something was happening at the side of me. its often noted the most important channel in av is the centre and the LS50's create dialogue really in the cnte of the screen, so im sure the LSX will be similar, the fact they also sell dedicated wall mounts for them should give confidence they can be used near a wall (wont sound as good though but still good)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts