Lots of old MP3 files on extenal drives. How best to utilise these with Quad setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

After much deliberation, we have just acquired a nice Quad system. 909 Amplifier, CDP2 CD player and 22L speakers. Performance is outstanding, but I'd like to know what equipment we'd need to be able to play the thousands of MP3 and FLAC music files I have built up over the years and have stored on several hard drives. Clearly I need some form of music juke box or something, but am puzzled as to exactly what and how connection would be achieved. I do know the CDP2 has DACs built in and several optical connections. Maybe forum members would kindly help out by pointing me in the right directions?

Thanks,

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
You could purchase a NAS and transfer your files to that, keeping your external drives as backup.

Then connect a streaming device like the Squeezebox Touch to the Quad CDP2. The Touch can stream 24bit/96kHz and the Quad can accept 24bit/96kHz via the DAC inputs - useful if you want to sample hi-res downloads.

If you don't need 24bit support then connect an AirPort Express to the CDP2 and control your music using a laptop or iPhone/iPod Touch. The latter will require a computer running iTunes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts