lost strands and wrong cable length

mindmenglish

May 29, 2013
Visit site
got some lame boring questions,

bought chord leyline 2 ( 2m x 2 ). got it home and damn! mistake! should have bought 3m x 2. the left length is fine but on right side blocked my way to the exit door. so everytime i'm done listening i have to disconnect the cable ( banana plug ) for safety.

1. at the moment i listen to music where both speaker cable are in hanging position and does not touch the ground.

if i decided to get another cable just for the right side, then it will be 2m in hanging position and 3m touches the ground.

2. i'm sure i lost 2-3 strands when stripping.

3. my speaker stands is on a plastic chair and white foam board. I'm happy with the sound. there's bass and everything! an appropriate speaker stands costs 1/3 of my speakers.

my questions are, even thou i'm satisfied, am i actually loosing quality? by how much? suggestions? thanks...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The main place you could probably improve the sound is via some dedicated stands - however, if you haven't got the money to spend and you're happy, then I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you wanted to, I'm sure a dealer would be happy to offer some on a trial basis so you could test it out.

I'd probably go and get a 3m set of that cable for the right side though, if not for the aesthetics, then the least hassle + most safety value.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Agreed with the hat: but if you're happy with the sound of your speakers set up as they are, I don't think the loss of a few strands, having odd lengths of cable, or having one wire hanging and the other on the floor will make too much difference to the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts