Looking to buy a new CD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new CD player to go with my Rega Brio amp & B&W DM303 speakers. My budget is around £400. I'm tempted by the Marantz CD6002 which is only £199 at Richer Sounds, any suggestions?

T

the record spot

Pioneer's £350 SACD player is very good, Cyrus dealers regularly do a deal where existing stock is reduced by around £200 before the new models come out, so you could've picked up - for instance - the CD6 for £450 before the current model appeared. I understand Cyrus insist on this, so it's worth seeing if you can find a similar deal.

There's the Marantz SA7001, which is also SACD compatible at £350 (shop around for a deal on the KI-Signature version which is normally £600, although it probably won't come in as low as your budget) and NAD's still well respected C542 that comes with HDCD capability which was originally £350 or so.

Slightly further up the price range you have Cambridge's 740C which is £499 and the used market will get you something along the lines of a Linn Genki for the £350-£400 price point, Linn Mimik for about £200-£275. Linn offer a software upgrade for their players, although this doesn't apply to early models of the Mimik. Effectively, you get a player which was around £1000 for the Genki and about £750 for the Mimik. There's a the Marantz 17 KI Signature which is also around the £400 mark and was originally about £1000 or so as well.

Good luck - happy hunting!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mr.P."]
Try Creek Evo , I got mine for £399.
[/quote]

Oh yes indeed. A mighty fine player!

A

Anonymous

Why not consider the Arcam CD73. Moorgate Acoustics have them for sale at £299 - which is bang in your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts