Looking for upgrade need some advice

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Iam looking to upgrade my system Currently looking at the Dynaudio dm 2/6 i really like the look of them, how are they compared to my Monitor Audio Rx1? Maybe its not an upgrade but the signature might be different. Iam also looking at getting the NAD C375 BEE do that amp have a good synenergy with any of these speakers

matthewpiano

What is the rest of your current system? The RX1s are fabulous speakers and, like you say, I think you'll find the Dyns are a different type of sound rather than being any better. Knowing what amp and source(s ) you use would be very helpful.

matthewpiano

An Arcam A28 or A38 would really get those MAs singing, depending on how far you could stretch. I'd certainly be inclined to get a stereo amplifier that gets teh best out of the MAs before you look at changing the speakers.

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think i can get to demo the Nad at home (if i deposit) so that would be nice to test. How would you describe the dyns sound signatur? Never heard them but some people say they are warm some say neutral. i Prefer more of a warmer meaty sound.

T

the record spot

If you use digital sources, or stream, or the like, then I'd be looking at using something like Onkyo's TX-NR717, which will give you ample power that's comfortably drive your speakers. I think Onkyo differ from many of the other AV manufacturers in as much as they "do" music well - very neutral, but with plenty of power on tap to control the drivers. Try and demo one, if you can. I've been very impressed with Onkyo's TX-8050 (100wpc) and have been looking at the company's AV range too.

I've tried out a couple of older integrated amps this year (a Sony ES and Harman Kardon), but if buying new, I'd want an amp that could accommodate the various ways that I source music or film these days. That may be something to bear in mind if that's important to you as well.

TRENDING THREADS