Looking for recommendations

t.wilson25

Apr 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello all,
Looking for recommendations of speakers and amplifier for my project carbon evo.
Guy at my local store says to get audiolab 6000a and a set of Fyne or Dali speakers?

I was looking at the wharfedale evo 4.2 speakers and a marantz but not sure.

Anyone got any set up like this?

Thanks

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Hello all,
Looking for recommendations of speakers and amplifier for my project carbon evo.
Guy at my local store says to get audiolab 6000a and a set of Fyne or Dali speakers?

Thanks
let your ears decide !

Reactions: Noddy
Wish I could but shops up here don’t have all that much stock
How much are you planning to spend. Not sure where up here is but you really are going to have to audition some speakers, get these wrong and it doesn't matter how much you intend to spend on the rest.
You don't give us any information on room size or anything so your question is extremely difficult to answer.
You mention the 4.2's, why? Are you looking at standmounts? Do you have speaker stands?
What other sources do you intend to use for your music sources?
Way too much information I vam afraid.
What does your local store stock? Demand a home demo of speakers if buying from them..

t.wilson25

Apr 26, 2023
Visit site
How much are you planning to spend. Not sure where up here is but you really are going to have to audition some speakers, get these wrong and it doesn't matter how much you intend to spend on the rest.
You don't give us amy information on room size or anything so your question is extremely difficult to answer.
You mention the 4.2's, why? Are you looking at standmounts? Do you have speaker stands?
What does your local store stock? Demand a home demo of speakers if buying from them..
Hi sorry for lack of information. Bit new to this hence why asking for recommendations.

Room size is just my living room its quite big. I was looking at the 4.2s because they have good reviews on youtube and whathifi ect. It would just on my unit the speakers but starting to think the 4.2s are a bit big for that but just wanted to see what other’s views are. Looking to spend probably no more than 1k
My local store has fynes and dalis mainly.
I stay north of Inverness and its very limited to what I can get access too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
Hello all,

Thanks
I have that amplifier, it’s said to be neutral, and I like it very much. I use it with Kef LS50 Meta speakers, I got the two for £1,500 in a deal, it was a bargain IMO. You really do need to audition speakers as they can vary so much.

I chose mine based primarily on measurements. Tests showed them to have a relatively flat frequency response, which means they don’t unduly colour the music. I find they work well with all genres of music and with voices, which is not the case with some speakers. There are other speakers that measure well too. And there are many, perhaps most, that are strongly voiced.

This is the Wharfedale Evo 4.1:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wharfedale-evo-4-1-review-speaker.28305/

Reactions: t.wilson25
'It would just on my unit the speakers but starting to think the 4.2s are a bit big for that'
Doesn't really make much sense. What size is your listening room?
Consider floorstanders rather than standmounts if you cannot afford to factor in decent stands.
Go audition some Dalis if you can as I find Fynes overpriced for what you get.

Reactions: t.wilson25

t.wilson25

Apr 26, 2023
Visit site
'It would just on my unit the speakers but starting to think the 4.2s are a bit big for that'
Doesn't really make much sense. What size is your listening room?
Consider floorstanders rather than standmounts if you cannot afford to factor in decent stands.
Go audition some Dalis if you can as I find Fynes overpriced for what you get.
Sorry, I miss typed. I meant to write was - the speakers would be on a unit. Upon reading further I think the 4.2s would be too big for this as they are quite large.
Ok I am going up tomorrow so see about some dali speakers. I just don’t see many people talking about them on these forums or on reviews when they purchase a amplifier.
Was just trying to see if anyone had purchased an carbon evo turntable and what the had with it

t.wilson25

Apr 26, 2023
Visit site
You have several Hifi shops in Glasgow or Edinburgh. It would be a great investment to spend an overnight there, for 10%-15% of your budget. But if that’s impossible then Dalis are probably a safer bet than Fyne, as they tend to be easier listening.
Yeah that doesn’t sound a bad idea that. Will have a look into that.
Cheers

matthewpianist

The Audiolab will sound good with most speakers due to its neutrality (as long as you like that sort of sound rather than a more coloured one). Dali is a good shout, and so is Q Acoustics. There's a new model 5020 at £500 - a step up from the already very good 3020i - and based on my experience of Audiolab and Q together, I think it would be a winning combination. I may be moving back to living in a flat shortly and if I do I'll be replacing the 3050i floorstanders with 5020s (after an audition, of course).

Hi sorry for lack of information. Bit new to this hence why asking for recommendations.

Room size is just my living room its quite big. I was looking at the 4.2s because they have good reviews on youtube and whathifi ect. It would just on my unit the speakers but starting to think the 4.2s are a bit big for that but just wanted to see what other’s views are. Looking to spend probably no more than 1k
My local store has fynes and dalis mainly.
I stay north of Inverness and its very limited to what I can get access too.
Will the speakers or the amp be sitting on a unit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts