Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What I've got so far:

Wharfdale diamond 9.1 speakers

Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Player which I use to play CD's as well

Panasonic Viera Flat screen TV

SKY HD box

Technics amplifier SU-V300MU

The amp I have doesn't really work with the speakers, if I try changing the bass or treble on the amp it makes no difference what so ever. So, I am looking for a new amp that is better but still under £300ish.

I would like everything connected up so I can use the speakers for the TV as well.

Cheers

Gordon

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
probably your best bets are Yamaha as500, Marantz pm6003 (should work well with those speakers) or nad 326bee or 316bee. Would best to audition first to see which one you prefer as they all sound different in their own way.

A

Anonymous

Nice one thanks very much I'll check those out, are cambridge audio's for roughly the same price worth a look as well?

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Never really had experience with CA apart from CA a5 amp that was their budget one for years. When I bought my system recentely (Yamaha AS500 and Monitor Audio RX5's) I auditoned these amps. There are plenty of people on this forum who should be able to tell you what the benefitt is with these CA amps. It most likely would depend what music you would listen to and how much bass you would want from the amp. If your really into your bass try out the NAD. All these amps can be had at Richer sounds so would pop in there and see if they can let you listen to these alongside the CA amps. There is also ebay as well were you may get something good second hand.

g0ggs123:
What I've got so far:

Wharfdale diamond 9.1 speakers

Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Player which I use to play CD's as well

Panasonic Viera Flat screen TV

SKY HD box

Technics amplifier SU-V300MU

The amp I have doesn't really work with the speakers, if I try changing the bass or treble on the amp it makes no difference what so ever. So, I am looking for a new amp that is better but still under £300ish.

I would like everything connected up so I can use the speakers for the TV as well.

Cheers

Gordon

Hi g0ggs123

I'll suggest also suggest you consider Yamaha's A-S500, NAD C326BEE or even Rega's Brio.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts