Looking for a higher end home karaoke rig for my theater room.

Saturngirl

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
I have a home theater room that I am pretty happy with, but I want to add some good Karaoke support, because my friends will sing along to anything and that is the only room insulated well enough to avoid making the neighbors call the cops for noise disturbance. :D

I haven't bought a karaoke machine for over a decade and my old one is pretty un-cool and un-hi-fi.

Should I invest in a new one or do most people just get Karaoke songs from YouTube these days?

I don't mind spending money in a long-term investment for my friendtastic get-togethers, so lay it on me: what's the best rig to get these days?

Happy day,
SaturnGirl

(Hey mods, sorry, I didn't see a specific section for Karaoke, please move this if needed.)

Mihkel_Forte

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
Count me in on the "looking for a karaoke rig" thing.
I probably can't afford the same level of tech you're talking about, but it would be a great tool for me to practice vocals with.
Mi

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
As a live sound engineer, I'd be looking at running the karaoke stuff from YouTube or similar, and then grabbing a couple of wireless handheld mics and a notepad mixing desk.

Now, the mics I use are Sennheiser G4 EW100-935 models. They're pretty decent - plenty of range, and the e935 capsule is pretty forgiving of poor mic technique. You could probably find cheaper alternatives if you didn't want to shell out £500+ per mic.

For the mixing desk, I like Soundcraft's Notepad series. They're straightforward to use, and the internal FX are sufficient for what you're looking to do. Decide how many mics you'd like to have, and then pick a mixer with that number (or more, if you might expand) of XLR inputs.

Hope that's useful.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts