Lip Sync Problem

shippster

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sony 40Z5800 TV connected to a Sky HD box using a QED HDMI cable and I also have the Sky HD box connected to a Pioneer XV-DV55 home cinema system using a QED digital optical cable.

I have noticed that I'm getting slight lip sync problems and am wondering if there is anything I can do about it. Is it because the Pioneer speaker system I'm using is about 11 years old now ? What I've done is turn the TV volume right down so the sound is just coming through the Pioneer speakers but when I turn the TV volume up I can hear a sleight echo where they are not together. Am I right in listening with the TV volume right down to off or should this be used as well as the Pioneer speakers ?

Have I connected the system up correctly... I have the digital optical cable from the Sky HD box going into the Pioneer home cinema system in a connection called "Audio 1 Optical In" but there is also a connection alongside it called "Video 2 Optical In"... which one should I be using ?

Many thanks for all your help with this, you know what it's like once you notice a problem you start to get paranoid about it and it takes away your viewing enjoyment. Any help you can give me would be appreciated

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are listening through an amp, then always turn off the TV sound. This way you will not get the echo. If you have a decent AV system why do you have the TV volume turned up anyway?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts