Left channel on CA Azur 640a v2 stopped working

jamie_h92

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone help me understand why the left channel of my Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V2 amp has just stopped working. For some reason the right channel works and some music plays quietly through the tweeters but little more.

Any help would be great!

gramps23

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
CA Azur amps come up on ebay as parts/not working quite often, much like NAD. Not sure whether that reflects on the sheer number of them sold or build quality. I've bought quite a few older NADs, Denons and Rotels on there for £20-30 and they've all had very simple issues, mostly dry joints, some blown resistors, which are all relatively easy fixes that I can do. Newer stuff like the Azur amps I find a little more dawnting, as they have some quite complex circuitry, but you should be able to find an electronics repair shop near you, most of which will give you a free diagnosis and quote for the repair (my local one does).

jamie_h92

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
It turned out that it was the phono cable the whole time, I imagine the amount going for spares or repair is simply a reflection on the sheer number sold although I do find it does over-heat very often when put loud which is quite annoying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts