Leema Xeros or Dali Mentor Menuet ?

SPAZTICUS

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
My speaker budget is £1000. I am looking to downsize the bass as I have a small listening room.What are the comparative merits of these 2 speakers ?

SPAZTICUS said:
My speaker budget is £1000. I am looking to downsize the bass as I have a small listening room.What are the comparative merits of these 2 speakers ?

Depends on your room acoustics.

I've not heard Leema speakers but I've owned the their amp for 6 years and it's very alive. If the speakers are a tonal match, it'll problably best looking elsewhere.

Oddly, few years ago, when WHFI did a all-in-one system test, they had my amp with its sibling CD player and Xeroes. They recommended you choose Dali Menuet speakers.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok , on a short scale - I have so far listened and had not many but quite "a few" hi fi loudpseakers. Never was quite satisified with them. I bought a pair of Leema Xero. Jaw dropped. Then I realised how important it is to choose a proper speaker and how much impact it has on overall sound. So , so far for me there are two fanstastic players that count in my budget - "Leema Xero" and "Heco Direkt".

On a long scale. Leema Xero: Great sound engineering, great build, dynamic and extremely detailed. Never sharp with incredible voice imaging and resolution. Very good balance with extremely good bass quality ( not boomy but properly engineered monitor like bass ). I have written it many times - Leema have stolen the show.

P.S. Mind , they need good ( in terms , good electronics ) amp to sound the best.

manix

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the menuets for my office and yes they are fine speakers. Looking objectively forgetting their size the short coming is lack of scale/impact but that is not the reason you buy them. If you put them in a large room you would be in trouble.

They are meant for small rooms and the option of positioning close to the wall.

Dali didn't go down the route of loading the mid range to give a louder speaker instead constrained them so it's a well balanced sound. The intergration and clean sound is actually well beyond the price point. Sound moves from one speaker to the other very smoothly.

You would need to test them on several amps and I would suggest testing the distance from the wall you intend to use them. I personally found closer to the wall something like Cyrus/Naim was a better option than Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts