Leema Pulse & Stream

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I need help in deciding the following amp & CD options with B&W 805s speakers.

1) Primare CD31 + Primare PRE30 + Primare A30.2

2) Leema Pulse + Leema Stream

Can't sem to find any reviews on WHF on Leema.

A

Anonymous

I havn't heard the Leema stuff you mention but I have heard the Tucana and Antilla which are the higher spec'ed models and imo it's not a patch on the Primare.I have the Primare set up you are considering and I get excited about listening to it every day ,6 months after buying it.Try it,and read the other threads and comments by Primare user's.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I disagree - the Leema Antila/Tucana is more the match for the Primare: hence its Award-winning status (replacing the Primare).

We haven't heard the Pulse and Stream,but are set for a full demo at the High-end Show in Munich shortly, and will test them soon,too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hoo"]
Hi, I need help in deciding the following amp & CD options with B&W 805s speakers.

1) Primare CD31 + Primare PRE30 + Primare A30.2

2) Leema Pulse + Leema Stream

Can't sem to find any reviews on WHF on Leema.
[/quote]

.........my comments are completely biased because I have no experience with Leema, but thought I'd announce myself as another ecstatic Primare user. Superb build quality, pleasing on the eye......and a great sound. The pre/power combination with the cd player is hard to beat at that price.........Clare seems excited about the Leema though, so definitely worth checking out...........let your own ears decide.......with those choices looks like you can't go wrong!.....good luck bud

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I disagree - the Leema Antila/Tucana is more the match for the Primare: hence its Award-winning status (replacing the Primare).

[/quote]

something had to replace the Primare at the top,it's a magazine about new products after all.

Nobody (apart from the man who bought it ) in the group I meet up with thinks that the Leema kit is an up-grade from the Primare ,more of a backward step.

All that really counts though is that we like the stuff we have and the Leema man in question loves his.As do I.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mohawk"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]

[/quote]

something had to replace the Primare at the top,it's a magazine about new products after all.

Nobody (apart from the man who bought it ) in the group I meet up with thinks that the Leema kit is an up-grade from the Primare ,more of a backward step.

All that really counts though is that we like the stuff we have and the Leema man in question loves his.As do I.

[/quote]

Well I agree that personal opinions are the highest-ranking of all... but have to take issue with the "it's a magazine about new products": we've got Award winners that have been so for three years or more, because they haven't yet been bested.

Primare themselves brought out (very briefly) a 31 version of their kit - we reviewed it and thought the existing '30' range was better, and since then the '31' has been dropped. We're not disputing the Primare kit is excellent - just that if you have a slightly bigger budget, you can buy a better all-rounder.

A

Anonymous

Actually that's the problem. Reviews, reviews, reviews... and everyone having a different opinion about the sound quality, design, etc. I guess it's really up to me then.

But Primare is manufacturing their products in Taiwan or China for the newer sets now, isn't it? Does this pose a concern to anyone?

A

Anonymous

Clare, you said you will test the Pulse/Stream soon... any idea when? I heard them at Bristol and was very impressed but would love to know whether you think them better than the Naim Nait 5i/CD 5i? I know they cost more but is the extra cost just on the extra features like the MM/MC support?

A

Anonymous

leema pulse and stream are testen on a rival mag hi-fi (h0!(£ whre they scotred both 5 star but if i was spending 2k plus on hifi would have alisten rather the look at mags good luck

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="LeoL"]Clare, you said you will test the Pulse/Stream soon... any idea when? I heard them at Bristol and was very impressed but would love to know whether you think them better than the Naim Nait 5i/CD 5i? I know they cost more but is the extra cost just on the extra features like the MM/MC support?[/quote] Leema Pulse and Stream both tested in our June issue, in shops 1st May (with subscribers sooner...) - so not long to wait. The amp is in First Tests, while the CD player goes straight into a Supertest alongside that very Naim and six others. A very interesting test and well worth the wait...

A

Anonymous

You tease!!!! OK I guess I'll have to wait. I am a subscriber so when am I likely to get the mag?

A

Anonymous

Hi all!!

Is there any possibility to find the issue with the super test in Italy??? I'm very intrested in the stream, and also how it compare to a naim cd5-i!

The stream have the same price of this cd-player, that I'm also intrestes with!http://www.nova-audio.eu/Italiano/NCD1.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts