Leema Antilla or Cyrus XTSE/DAC

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well I chose the Cyrus - but at this end of the market, I'd even more strongly urge an audition, as each has a sonic style of its own. I'd also recommend a listen to the superb Plinius CD-101.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Claire

I have read good things of the Plinius, I have a Leema Tucana so was thinking of af adding the Antilla......but the sound is more important then the matching.

A

Anonymous

Clare

Do you know how long the Plinius CD-101 has been on the market? Your review is recent but is it right it has been available for 4-5 years?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Both the CD-101 CD player and 9200 amp have been around a few years, yes - though Plinius has made certain tweaks. There's more detail on their website.

I wouldn't discount it based on age, personally - it's the quality that counts!

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I agree, sound is all important, I worry about purchasing a model without the tweaks.....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
CD player is virtually unchanged, I believe - more tweak to amp (eg adding balanced inputs). If in doubt, ask Plinius for the relevant serial numbers!

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much - time to demo Leema and Plinius

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Finding it difficult to demo the Plinius CD101 and Leema Antilla in my area, does anyone know the differences in sound, is one richer than the other, more fatiguing....? I know it is my ears that count but some views would be greatly appreciated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts