Le CD192 nouveau est arrive!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who advised on my CDP upgrade. The Arcam CD192 I managed to pick up from Sevenoaks in Brighton arrived today, and I have to say it's a revelation. For the first time in a long time, listening to Cd's got my heart racing! An oxymoronic combination of separation and integration, coupled with great bass control but power, and real midrange and treble clarity, absolutely blew me away. And that's straight out of the box. Had a run through everything from Loudon Wainwright to Tracy Chapman, Squeeze to The Clash, and even Hotrod Cadets to Pavarotti, and the whole lot sounded the best I've ever heard it, and that's after 20 years of proper HiFi ownership.

All I can say is, if you get a chance to pick up a 192, go for it. Other than my turntable, I can't see me upgrading for another 10 years.

Shug

A

Anonymous

I have had my cd192 for a wjile now, and with the cyrus amp etc, it sounds wonderful.

I must admit, it is a top player, so sit back and enjoy your music again!

Phil

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
And it will get better as it settles in to your system/ears too. Mine had slightly rough edges at first and now is very smooth

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:And it will get better as it settles in to your system/ears too. Mine had slightly rough edges at first and now is very smooth

I'm loving the s**t out of mine now. I've had it for a couple of weeks. For the first few days I didn't realise I had the interconnects plugged in the wrong way and it sounded pretty bad (two right channels). The bass was full-ish but nothing special. It sounds incredible now. The bass has become really extended. It plays everything equally well.

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear you got your wiring issues sorted out. I'm looking forward to running mine in over the next few weeks. Unfortunately I'm working away from home this weekend, but come Monday, I'll be cranking it up again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts