LDAC: What is it? How can you get it?

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I own an LG V30 smartphone and a Fiio M6 media player both of which are capable of transmitting in Sony's LDAC codec.
What I don't own is a pair of bluetooth head or earphones. I own a variety of IEMs and a selection of headphones including Grado S80s, Philips SHP9500s, Sennheiser HD580s and Monoprice M560s.
I have a Radsone ES100 DAC/Headphone Amp which can handle LDAC. The Radsone is renowned for it's audio quality. I bought it when I had a smartphone without a headphone socket because as a USB DAC it's great. Despite that the sound via aptx-HD or LDAC still doesn't compare to a wired connection.

Morgrain

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
The article has a factual mistake. The WF-1000XM3 does NOT support the LDAC codec. It only supports SBC and AAC.

"Needless to say, it does help if you’re partial to a Sony product or two. Headphones like the Award-winning Sony WH-1000XM4 and the five-star WF-1000XM3 wireless earbuds are onboard. "

trainerdgi

Sep 28, 2021
Visit site
I own a pair of the 1More Triple Driver Bluetooth Earbuds and can confirm that they are LDAC compatible. It is actually perhaps the most significant and promoted feature of the set, other than the triple drivers employed of course. I can say without a doubt when connected to my phone via LDAC, the sound is unparalleled even to my wired Sennheiser Momentum 2/HD1 earbuds. I have been interested in acquiring a pair of the wired version of the 1More Triple Driver Earbuds to see how they compare, but alas I can't justify spending the money while I already have the bluetooth version and a pair of premium Sennheiser earbuds as mentioned.

trainerdgi

Sep 28, 2021
Visit site
Bought the Triple Driver Bluetooth set from Walmart for $40 last Christmas btw if anybody is interested I believe the sale is still ongoing even 10 months later. The only downside is that after a lot of use, the battery life sucks, providing maybe 3 hours of use before needing to recharge. However, they fully recharge tremendously fast (30 min-45min or so) and due to the FANTASTIC sound quality, I think is perfectly justified, especially at the price of $40...

AcidTest

Sep 29, 2021
Visit site
Really wish Windows would add support for LDAC. I bought a pair of the Audeze Mobius wireless gaming 'phones last year, which include LDAC. Except I use them with a Windows PC, and Windows has no driver/support for LDAC yet. To get around that limitation I bought a Fiio BTA30. It does work but it's an extra config and piece of gear I'd rather not have to use. The Mobius is advertised as wireless but it really isn't unless you have LDAC b/c it doesn't support aptX or any other high quality codec.

wmarple

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
In audio processing terms DAC stands for Digital to Analog Conversion. I'm pretty sure LDAC would stand for Lossless Digital to Analog Conversion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts