Latest Ultimate Guide to high end systems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I thought I had read that this latest UG was out some time last week. I've frantically (and that's no exageration, honest) been looking for it everywhere, and I couldn't find it. All the newsagents stocking the UG are still selling the one on Televisions. When will the new one be available to buy please? For info, I'm in London. Tnx.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It should be stocked in every WHSmith and WHSmith Travel, plus be in independent newsagents (though stocks don't always instantly get put out).

Soon we'll be selling them directly from this very website, too - no exact date on that yet, however (will update you when it's all sorted). Apologies for the frustration!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare for your quick reply. I checked WHS at London Victoria last night and they still had the "old" one on the shelves. Are you saying that they must have received the latest UG by now?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They should have had stocks by last week, yes - however, it does have a September copy date, which may mean they don't put it out until they shelve the new monthlies this week. I'll pass that info onto our circ team, who can chase WHS.

Dav29

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this up momo. I've been frantically searching as well. I tried Borders and Three WH Smiths. No-one has it on display.

A

Anonymous

Got my copy from WH Smith (Travel?) in Clapham Jctn station. That plus listening to some kit, made it a lunch hour well spent me thinks. ;-)

A

Anonymous

no sign of it in WH Smiths at Walthamstow, St Pancras station and King's Cross station

A

Anonymous

zzgavin:no sign of it in WH Smiths at Walthamstow, St Pancras station and King's Cross station

You live in Walthamstow as well?
emotion-3.gif
Whereabout?

Let me know if you really want a copy tonight maybe I can drop one off if you're near my bus route (275) from W.C.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Mystery solved!

At one stage earlier this year it was suggested the Ultimate Guide date was going to be first week of August (ie this week) so that it wasn't out the same week as the main magazine - this then reverted to the original schedule, but it seems some documentation remained with this week's date. So those retailers who follow the rules to the letter should be putting out their copies from today!

And to confirm, that's WHSmith, WHSmith Travel and a range of independent newsagents.

If anyone continues to have problems finding one, please let me know ASAP (including details of location) so I can pass this on.

I can't wait until we sell these ourselves, so you all have a click-to-buy option!

A

Anonymous

@andrew Where would the fun of the chase lie then, I already subscribe to the main magazine,

ended up with a copy of NME today instead, future of music apparently...

@momo72 I live near the high street, thanks for the offer, but I'll pick one up in KX tomorrow

Oddly I sat down on the Victoria line today beside someone who was reading a copy of the Ultimate guide, that wasn't you by any chance? He put it in a sainsbury's bag as he got off.

A

Anonymous

zzgavin: @momo72 I live near the high street, thanks for the offer, but I'll pick one up in KX tomorrow

Oddly I sat down on the Victoria line today beside someone who was reading a copy of the Ultimate guide, that wasn't you by any chance? He put it in a sainsbury's bag as he got off.

Are you kidding me??

It was me. Seriously. I browsed quickly through the mag, should have used it to fan myself as I nearly died of heat exhaustion in there...

lol

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
zzgavin:ended up with a copy of NME today instead, future of music apparently...

So I keep reading on Twitter...

momo72:Are you kidding me??

It was me. Seriously.

Plays Twilight Zone music...

A

Anonymous

momo72:
Are you kidding me??

It was me. Seriously. I browsed quickly through the mag, should have used it to fan myself as I nearly died of heat exhaustion in there...

lol

funny, I nearly said hello, but London reticence kicked in and you looked like you were enjoying the magazine...

a London pub meet up might be a fun event ?

A

Anonymous

I'm up for quick beer after work. Same tube then? lol

Actually make it quick as I only have 2 weeks left of tubing then I'm on my bike as I'm leaving the 'Stow.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I know the mag is cheap consider how many nice photos (really nice photos) plus quality of papers used are better tha rival mags. But, most of the collection was the same as the guide released last year!.

and I am not too sure about in-car sound system department either! I hope you don't mind I post this, it's just my honest thought of this issue.

TRENDING THREADS