Kraftwerk re-mastered catalogue

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
For those that care - Kraftwerk have/has remastered their/its CD back catalogue. Available October 12; £8(ish) each or a box set - 'The Catalogue' - for £70.49 at Amazon.co.uk ('original' German-language versions at Amazon.de).

Knowing the jolly chaps' penchant for attention to detail, should sound mighty good.

Alas, though, no sign of Kraftwerk's version of Bill Bailey's 'Yah, Das Hokey Kokey' ...

A

Anonymous

Does that mean you'll play it on Minimum or Maximum?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm looking forward to the release of The Catalogue. What I'm not looking forward to is being suckered into reading the pseudo-intellectual drivel that will inevitably be written by journalists with little understanding of or feeling for Kraftwerk's music.

As for Bill Bailey, I know he's a Kraftwerk fan but I must confess to finding his Hokey Kokey toe-curlingly cringeworthy. What I'd like to see (and hear) from Billwerk is an absurdly serious song about pogo-stick jumping:

Hopping down the boulevard / Spring tension not too hard.

Hmmm... maybe not...

A

Anonymous

I thought I would buy some of these but tbh I only ever play Minimum Maximum now. The versions (and the sound quality) on that release are fantastic.

By the way, I love the Bill Bailey Kraftwerk song!

idc

I totally agree with the comments about Minimum - Maximum. I think that it being live gives the music an extra bit of atmosphere which their style can lack. In the same way, I enjoy The Mix and its dance treatment.

TRENDING THREADS