Kimber 4tc much better than Atlas Hyper 2.0?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The kimber 4tc is a very balanced tonally, very natural and detailed with good soundstaging and soild bass, natural open mids, sweet airy top end. See what hifi review. Probably one of the best in its price range.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Soiled bass sounds bad.
emotion-5.gif
This doesn't really answer the question though. Any direct comparisons from someone who has heard both?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry I meant solid/tight bass not soiled. Yes compared it to QED silver (to bright), IXOS (bit to forward), Amber (not as natural), Monster, Eichmann (rolled off at the top end), Supra 2.5mm (not as detailed), cheaper chord cable (lacks depth), Kimber 4vs ( not as clean).

Had a much more natural sound and deeper sounstage than all of them, warm yet detailed musical sound.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:Soiled bass sounds bad.
emotion-5.gif
This doesn't really answer the question though. Any direct comparisons from someone who has heard both?

Yep i've heard both.... this was my review:

---

OK so I got some Kimber 4TC in the end.

So.... I'll give my thoughts compared to the Cable talk 3.1, Atlas Hyper 2.0 and Chord Epic....

Whacked Fool's Gold (Stone Roses) on and.. ummm that sounds very good. In fact the percussion had a completely different feel to it. Yes more prominent treble but not harsh. So.. natural. It reminded me off when you open the window in your house and hear the rain outside, so much air and lightness but NOT metallic or piercing.

Flicked up a few tracks to Where Angel's Play, errrrr never heard that before... you could actually tell that Reni (the drummer) was hitting the cymbol toward the middle of the disc which gives it that more cowbell type sound. Wow.

Chucked on Mr Kennedy playing Vivaldi's Winter from the 4 seasons. You can hear him breathing very clearly. Never heard that even with the Epic. So VERY transparent.

Led Zep II next. Kick drum sounds amazing. The Cabletalk had quite a bit of bass, the Hyper tightened it quite a bit but the 4TC just sounds so much more dynamic in the bass. Listened to The Lemon Song I could swear my amp has gained about 30 watts. Jone Paul Jones sounds significantly better than the Hyper and Cabletalk and even the Epic, every inflection in his playing is laid bare. Put it this way I'm hearing slurs and vibrato I aint heard before. Kick drum is unreal.

So in summary, very transparent, very dynamic bass and quite a lot of bass quantity too (more than the Epic), airy treble..

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi jules153,

I agree, I also have the kimber 8tc (double the 4tc). Same characteristics with a bigger and deeper soundstage with more body to the instruments - maybe a touch warmer.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts