Kids.....who would have em

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI all, looking for a bit of advice as my wonderful 2 year old daughter went into stealth mode and manage to lift up the CD lid on my Rega Apollo and insert 4 aa batteries into the player through little hole in the transport....I managed to pry open the back a little and batteries dropped out and tested the player which does seem to work but I am worried some damage may have been internally. My Rega is only about 6 months old so still covered by warranty, can anyone please advise what damage may have been caused which I would not know about......for me sound seems to be as was but I cannot tell if any other damage may have been caused....

Any suggestions?.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
marplesl:.... my wonderful 2 year old daughter went into stealth mode and manage to lift up the CD lid on my Rega Apollo and insert 4 aa batteries into the player through little hole in the transport...

Maybe your daughter was suggesting that the hifi needed more power.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In the old days it used to be the workhouse

OliTwist1948L_468x336.jpg

but these days I think you probably have to hang on to them and just keep them away from the hi-fi.

Bless 'em, though, eh?

A

Anonymous

i very much doubt the batteries could make a circuit with anything inside the CDP, so any damage would simply be due to the force of the objects. if it sounds good its probably fine though, if you're worried get a repair shop to take a lot, although they usually charge ~£30 ish to just look at it.

oh and maybe keep grilles on your speakers any child-driver interaction!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts