Question Kef Q7

Ez2

Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello!
I stumbled upon a pair of Kef Q7 for 260euros. The idea would be to pair them to my old Marantz Pm80Se. What do you think of these speakers ? Is the price reasonable ? Are there any red flags concerning the Q7 I should be aware of?
Thanks!

Hello!
I stumbled upon a pair of Kef Q7 for 260euros. The idea would be to pair them to my old Marantz Pm80Se. What do you think of these speakers ? Is the price reasonable ? Are there any red flags concerning the Q7 I should be aware of?
Thanks!
You would have to inspect these speakers yourself to see if they are in good condition
Speakers of this age can have issues with the rubber surrounds on the bass units.

Ez2

Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
You would have to inspect these speakers yourself to see if they are in good condition
Speakers of this age can have issues with the rubber surrounds on the bass units.
Ok, from the photos I saw, they seem to be in pretty good condition!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109_163203.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_163203.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 19

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Image_007.jpg
I've extensively heard the KEF IQ7 way long back with Marantz amp, superb warm sound across the board. I guess Q7 would be sounding in that direction also. I would say go ahead.

aversaurus

They were expensive back in the day .
If there in great condition I would want to pay under £200 euros .
I'd give them a listen and as said check for rubber issues.
some people loved them some found them a bit flat

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
I still have my KEF Q5 speakers, they really are pretty good all round, especially when fed by a good amplifier.
The KEF Q7 should be good if not better, so providing that the speakers are correct, then they should be a safe bet.

Reactions: Ez2

TRENDING THREADS