KEF KHT 3005SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know why in the pictures of the KEF KHT3005SE speakers in the magazine, it shows fins on the tweeters, and if you look on the KEF website or actually buy a set the fins are nowhere to be seen?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Because despite repeated requests for the SE edition to feature on the KEF website, they still don't (probably because they're a UK exclusive). But they certainly should be on the sets you buy - or you've bought a standard KHT3005 package.

More discussion - including comment from KEF - on this thread

A

Anonymous

I have bought a set and it deffinately says SE on the box although it is a sticker that has been stuck on.

A

Anonymous

Frank Harvey HIFIX, they are still advertising the SE bit but the picture does not show the fins!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
None of the retailer sites do - looks like KEF didn't send out pics. I'm awaiting further comment and will keep you updated. In the meantime, don't lose your receipt!

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
My understanding is that the boxes have the 'SE' sticker on the boxes. It's not iffy.

Way to check, is to take off the speaker cover (which is magnetic) and you'll see by looking at the tweeter.

I think yours should be fine. HIFIX are reputable so should be sold the correct package.

You have a great product there - I'm very impressed with mine!

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Oh, in which case that isn't good, although I don't think it's clear from his post whether he states that he has normal or 'SE' 3005s.

I would suspect the product is 'SE', but we'll see what he comes back with...

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Added - I read it that on the box - despite having the 'SE' sticker - the picture still shows the normal 3005s.

Basically KEF would have just used the same boxes and stuck a sticker on, rather than fork out loads to have a set of new boxes re-branded with new photos of the new speakers. Just my own opinion. The speakers are the same dimensions so they'll just use the old packaging. I think he needs to check the speakers himself - and the tweeters.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

The KHT3005SE carton is identical to the previous KHT3005 system box. They are differentiated by the use of an SE sticker. However, they will also have different EAN codes (the 13 digit barcode that is unique to each product SKU). These are as follows:

KHT3005SE Black: 637203202100
KHT3005SE Silver: 637203202087

KHT3005 Black: 637203024221
KHT3005 Silver: 637203024214

An image of the SE system has been available to our retailers via our resource site since product launch. Possibly we could have communicated this better.

Chris, if you are in doubt that what you purchased was not what you thought it was, please can you send me the serial numbers of all the units in the system (they are different), a copy of your original purchase receipt and a photocopy of the EAN barcode from the carton. We can then take it from there.

Regards

Gary Mardell
UK Marketing Manager
KEF Audio
Eccleston Road, Tovil, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6QP

Email: gary dot mardell at kef dot com

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

Facts I can clarify, I leave opinion to others!

atb

Gary

A

Anonymous

I have just checked inside the box's and under the speaker covers, they do indeed have the dome protectors, i was getting woried by the pictures on the box. I also spoke to customer services at KEF and he said to check, look under the base of the speaker and it should say KHT3005SE, which it does, so I think I am o.k.

Sorry to raise a false issue!

A

Anonymous

Hi Chris,

No worries here. Glad that it's all resolved.

atb

Gary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts