Kef iq70 + Pioneer A-A9-J

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys

Last week I ran into a new pair of Kef iq70 (and since I love the design and they are better than the ones I had I just had to buy them, roughly 450euro).

Now I need a new stereo amp for them. I have been looking around and now I ran into a brand new Pioneer A-A9-J for roughly 380euro. I can´t go and listen to it since it is 6h. drive single trip to get to the store. So I was wondering will it preform well for my music taste of ac/dc, annihilator, tankard etc (mostly rock and heavy metal).

Answers are much appreciated.

Ps. Sorry if there are any spelling errors, I have not used English since I was in school (I´m Swedish)

Puppet_Master said:
Hey guys

Last week I ran into a new pair of Kef iq70 (and since I love the design and they are better than the ones I had I just had to buy them, roughly 450euro).

Now I need a new stereo amp for them. I have been looking around and now I ran into a brand new Pioneer A-A9-J for roughly 380euro. I can´t go and listen to it since it is 6h. drive single trip to get to the store. So I was wondering will it preform well for my music taste of ac/dc, annihilator, tankard etc (mostly rock and heavy metal).

Answers are much appreciated.

Ps. Sorry if there are any spelling errors, I have not used English since I was in school (I´m Swedish)

God Morgon Puppet_Master

What amplifier do you currently use?

Your source component/s?

Room size?

Room floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)?

Your listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Any specific power requirements?

Are you also likely to use the tone controls on the A-A9-J?

Speaker cables?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

What amplifier do you currently use? - Nad c315

Your source component/s? - Im gonna buy the matching cd player of the amplifier I get, also I have a rega rp1. The Yamaha s663 dvd player is also connected for some movies. (music have the high priority)

Room size? - 3x5m

Room floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)? - Half carpet, rest is wood

Your listening distance? - 3meters

Your general listening level? - Low to average (to spare the dog, when I am on high levels I plug in the headphones)

Any specific power requirements? - No, they just have to have enough power to run the iq70 and have pre-out.

Are you also likely to use the tone controls on the A-A9-J? - Usually I don´t, but on some music I like a little more bas (like Judas Priest - Painkiller). But I have an Xtz sub amp 1 and 2x8" peerless woofers that am gonna handle an increese in bas then I guess. But I don´t think that the Pioneer even have tone controls (or maybe I am thinking of something completely else when I hear tone control)

Speaker cables? - I use supra and monster cables.

Thanks for the fast answer!

Edit: a spelling error...

Puppet_Master said:
What amplifier do you currently use? - Nad c315

Your source component/s? - Im gonna buy the matching cd player of the amplifier I get, also I have a rega rp1. The Yamaha s663 dvd player is also connected for some movies. (music have the high priority)

Room size? - 3x5m

Room floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)? - Half carpet, rest is wood

Your listening distance? - 3meters

Your general listening level? - Low to average (to spare the dog, when I am on high levels I plug in the headphones)

Any specific power requirements? - No, they just have to have enough power to run the iq70 and have pre-out.

Are you also likely to use the tone controls on the A-A9-J? - Usually I don´t, but on some music I like a little more bas (like Judas Priest - Painkiller). But I have an Xtz sub amp 1 and 2x8" peerless woofers that am gonna handle an increese in bas then I guess. But I don´t think that the Pioneer even have tone controls (or maybe I am thinking of something completely else when I hear tone control)

Speaker cables? - I use supra and monster cables.

Thanks for the fast answer!

Edit: a spelling error...

Hi Puppet_Master

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

Firstly if you haven't already done so then use your new speakers with your existing electronics to see what you think. The Pioneer amp is certainly a better amplifier then the C315BEE and with its cd player should be fine although if it is possible then i'll suggest that you audition them with your speakers.

The amp has got pre out, MM/MC phono stage, headphone socket and tone controls (bass/treble).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

The system is playing with the c315bee for the moment, but it is lacking feeling in the music. There is something missing so to speak.

Also I would enjoy the usb port, pre out and the built in mm/mc phono stage as a bonus.

But will the pioneer perform well to metal music. Unfortunately the store (the only store I found that has it in stock) don´t let you "borrow" the amp. to audition with the system you have.

/Puppet_Master

Puppet_Master said:
Hi Rick

The system is playing with the c315bee for the moment, but it is lacking feeling in the music. There is something missing so to speak.

Also I would enjoy the usb port, pre out and the built in mm/mc phono stage as a bonus.

But will the pioneer perform well to metal music. Unfortunately the store (the only store I found that has it in stock) don´t let you "borrow" the amp. to audition with the system you have.

/Puppet_Master

Hi Puppet_Master

You'll certainly find the Pioneer to be better amp then the C315BEE. Its dynamic and potent presentation should liven things up for heavy metal.

Btw, if you can't audition the Pioneer at home then at least take your speakers to the store.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I bought the Pioneer on a whim, since there was no way to go listen to it or bring my speakers to the store.

The sound is now much better, with the newly bought xtz sub amp and dual 8" peerlees bas. It is fun to listen to music again. I get that feeling I´ve been searching for. Now Im just waiting for the cd player to complete the collection.

Thanks for the help.

Puppet_Master said:
I bought the Pioneer on a whim, since there was no way to go listen to it or bring my speakers to the store.

The sound is now much better, with the newly bought xtz sub amp and dual 8" peerlees bas. It is fun to listen to music again. I get that feeling I´ve been searching for. Now Im just waiting for the cd player to complete the collection.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Puppet_Master

Your welcome.

Nice one :) and i hope you enjoy the performance of your new components/system for many years to come :bigsmile:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts