Kef iQ7 Kef IQ7SE. Much difference?

A

Anonymous

I've read a few reviews on the IQ7SE and they are very positive. Consensus seems to be that the SE is much better than the original IQ7.

I've heard the original IQ7 and they're alright. Very neutral...somewhat soft overall. I'd like to hear the SE myself.

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to hear them!

A

Anonymous

I've had the shop owner's IQ7 for two weeks at home, waiting for my own one to be delivered.

Then came, as a surprise, the IQ7se. At first I was afraid they would produce too much bass and become wooly.

After a while we found out that the SE, linked with an ARCAM SOLO, is even more detailed, powerful but without being bluffy, than the IQ7.

Only for music with powerful bass registration (jazz, pop, rock) we need to adjust, but for classical music, especially vocal baroque with organ and basso continuo, they are stunning, sweet yet clear.

I keep playing all sorts of classic (choir a capella, medieval, symphonic orchestra, chamber music, choir and organ, baroque, organ solo, piano solo, concerto's,...) and I have yet to encounter the first flaw. I'm simply surprised every time again by so much clarity, so much natural sound. Some call the IQ-series 'cold' - as a professional musician I hear exactly what I want to hear, because it sounds like real.

I was carried away by the IQ7, I'm still more glad the IQ7se sounds like the IQ9 we found slightly too big.

For its quality, it's a bargain - even without discount!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="organplayer"]
I've had the shop owner's IQ7 for two weeks at home, waiting for my own one to be delivered.

Then came, as a surprise, the IQ7se. At first I was afraid they would produce too much bass and become wooly.

After a while we found out that the SE, linked with an ARCAM SOLO, is even more detailed, powerful but without being bluffy, than the IQ7.

Only for music with powerful bass registration (jazz, pop, rock) we need to adjust, but for classical music, especially vocal baroque with organ and basso continuo, they are stunning, sweet yet clear.

I keep playing all sorts of classic (choir a capella, medieval, symphonic orchestra, chamber music, choir and organ, baroque, organ solo, piano solo, concerto's,...) and I have yet to encounter the first flaw. I'm simply surprised every time again by so much clarity, so much natural sound. Some call the IQ-series 'cold' - as a professional musician I hear exactly what I want to hear, because it sounds like real.

I was carried away by the IQ7, I'm still more glad the IQ7se sounds like the IQ9 we found slightly too big.

For its quality, it's a bargain - even without discount!

[/quote]

Excellet reply. Price wise theres a big jump. The IQ7's can be picked up for £300 now and the SE's £600. Ive heard the SE version and i totally agree about there presence however ive never heard the originals if the sound difference wasnt that much i would go for the cheaper option

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts