Kef IQ5SE or IQ50

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have just got an appointment to audition the IQ50, as I was told by the salesman that it was a replacement for the IQ5SE, if that is the case any notable difference? or Should I stick with the IQ5SE, the difference in price is almost £250.

He has also got a pair of Q55's @ about £150, are these any good. or should I stay well clear.

A

Anonymous

There is a brief review of the IQ50 in the latest Mag. I've also had a quick listen myself and I prefer the IQ5SE's but then I own a pair so I'm probably biased. That said the cost saving is big at the moment and a pair of IQ5SE's for £250 is brilliant value.

I'll give my usual warning though - The IQ5 SE has a slim base and is a bit top heavy so it's easy to knock over so if you have toddlers you need to think aabout that.

Can't comment on the 55's

A

Anonymous

OK, got to hear the IQ50, and to be honest wasn't that bowled over, so I guess i my opinion it is not worth the extra £250, that said I had it compared to the B&W685, and I still prefered the 685's till the RS6 came along. Why did I have to listen to them again. They are just awsome speakers, but were am I going to find £650?

A

Anonymous

I also listened to the new iQ50 and was dissappointed as they offered nothing over my current iQ5s. I would go for the 685's on your budget, although there may be a pair of RS6's on ebay.

A

Anonymous

ebay is absolutely bare of any RS6, those are damn fine speakers, I bet I can only dream for now. I guess I will finally settle for the 685's but when you pair them up with decent stand (> £130), you are instantly talking floorstand price. IQ50 really didnt cut it, but you never know might suit some people

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts