A

Anonymous

Good call, im gonna stick on wuthering heights, i think she was a fox..

A

Anonymous

I had Delius on today, strange track. Especially the backing vocals.

nads

[quote user="richardjlarby"]I had Delius on today, strange track. Especially the backing vocals.[/quote]i will find out
(remember) soon. Damn online shopping. Just decided that i need 6 Kate bush albums. stopped short of going for the 8 cd box set as it was a bit too much.

A

Anonymous

You've got to be pretty brave to put on Babooshka on public transport! It's asking for trouble! Great music though - I always quite liked Wuthering Heights and Running Up That Hill. The videos are pretty interesting too! ha ha ha. ; )

A

Anonymous

kate bush is amazing mate you should check out ...maxwell urban hang suite live . it has a version of this womans work on it which is haunting and the rest of the album is sonically superb

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
I remember in the early 80's while I was a student in Coventry. I was entering a shop (below what was then the Cov. Apollo) which sold badges/patches/posters and other Pop related stuff. As I was being pushed in (Wheelchair) the first thing that struck me was a big poster of Kate Bush dressed in her Babooskka set up. Wow! I nearly fainted !!!

One of the most haunting pieces of music is "Breathing" :

We've lost our chance.
We're the first and the last, ooh,
After the blast.
Chips of Plutonium
Are twinkling in every lung.

I love my
Beloved, ooh,
All and everywhere,
Only the fools blew it.
You and me
Knew life itself is

Breathing,
("Out, in, out, in, out...")
Breathing,
Breathing my mother in,
Breathing my beloved in,
Breathing,
Breathing her nicotine,
Breathing,
Breathing the fall-out in,
Out in, out in, out in, out in,
Out in, out in, out in, out...

An unborn baby's view of a nuclear explosion/exchange. Profoundly scary and brilliant at the same time. Kate Bush is one of the most underrated song writers/singers in this country.

A

Anonymous

I picked up a Rega P2 last week and a copy of Never For Ever - fantastic. Haven't turned on the TV since. Its not just the writing and the music but the quality of the production . The soundstaging (?) is brilliant. Shall definitely get some of her other albums. Any other well produce vinyl that anyone else can recommend for a jazz/choral/joni mitchell fan?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Barns"]Any other well produce vinyl that anyone else can recommend for a jazz/choral/joni mitchell fan?[/quote]

If you're a Joni fan, you'll probably already be familiar with Don Juan's Reckless Daughter. I picked up a vinyl copy last week and it sounds wonderful. Other recent gems, although not necessarily in your genre specifications, but nonetheless great on vinyl: Kill To Get Crimson - Mark Knopfler, R.Strauss' Sinfonia Domestica conducted by Zubin Metha, Joe Venuti & Friends & both Steely Dan's Gaucho and Countdown To Ecstasy.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]Just bought Never Forever CD from play.com. Got it on vinyl.....but no TT.[/quote]

Get yourself a Bush MTT-1...superb for £40!!! 5 star WHFS&V rated! I had one and I thought it was nearly as good as my Project Debut III when mated to a £3k setup!

A

Anonymous

Even though to me she is weird I do like a lot of her stuff, and I agree she is a stunner :)

A

Anonymous

Kate bush total fox and total nut bar.

Cloudbusting and hounds of love make me cry :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts