kandy liii speaker reccomendations

Paul McCartan said:
probably been answered before

but im in the market for a good set of floorstanders, for my kandy, budget 500-700hundred squid.

must have good tightbass, as the kandy is quite bright , im currently have mission m33i's

listen to various music

thanks

Welcome to the forum.

New or second-hand?

Can you get to a dealer to actually audition? Not all floostanders are going to suit your room, which should be the major concerning, not the amp itself.

More details of room might help and how far away from rear wall can you position any speaker?

Paul McCartan said:
new speakers, average sitting room,

maybe i should direct this to owners of the kandy111 for a more honest opinion.

thanks

And they are likely to say ' why, Roksan speakers of course', only they don't make a floorstander. :)

In my option you should try to find a pair of recently discontinued Epos Epic 5's or the KEF Q500 if you cannot.

Paul McCartan said:

but im in the market for a good set of floorstanders, for my kandy, budget 500-700hundred squid.

must have good tightbass, as the kandy is quite bright , im currently have mission m33i's

listen to various music

thanks

The Kandy LIII works really well with Monitor Audio Silver range. Kef would be another consideration as would Q Acoustics.

I'm quite a fan of the old LIII (in some ways prefer it to the K2) and sounded wonderful with my old RS6s

The only caveat is make sure your speaker choice is suited to the room. By that I mean if you have a large floorstander in a small/medium sized room the 120 watts the Kandy throws out can sound a little boisterous.

plastic penguin said:
Paul McCartan said:

listen to various music

thanks

The Kandy LIII works really well with Monitor Audio Silver range. Kef would be another consideration as would Q Acoustics.

I'm quite a fan of the old LIII (in some ways prefer it to the K2) and sounded wonderful with my old RS6s

The only caveat is make sure your speaker choice is suited to the room. By that I mean if you have a large floorstander in a small/medium sized room the 120 watts the Kandy throws out can sound a little boisterous.

Spot on sir, as an ex owner of the lovely L.III, I would agree that the speakers must fit the room rather tHan just match the amplifier. Never tried it with MA speakers myself but it certainly produced the goods with my old EB2's.

Suggest the OP auditions KEFs, that are currently available, or just go and buy some Epic 5's. If he doesn't get on with them shouldn't be too difficult to move on

matthewpiano

If you want to keep the brightness in check, I would recommend trying the Q Acoustics 3050 or the Dali Zensor 5. Another option if you can find some in remaining stock at Richer Sounds is the Dynaudio DM3/7 floorstanders. This would be a really good buy and give you even more performance than the Q and Dali options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts